77 Escape Hybrid in inventory=one dealer!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 07:32 AM
Default Re: 77 Escape Hybrid in inventory=one dealer!

Originally Posted by denverjay
A long time ago I read somewhere (maybe here) that there are slight programming differences between the "CA" vehicles and those intended to be sold in the non-CA states.

Anybody else remember that?
I don't ever recall that Jason and don't see that there would be a need since the FEH is already AT-PZEV rated. I've never seen anything in the workshop manuals that have exceptions to CA FEH/MMH vehicles either. My guess is the only difference is the warranty requirements.

GaryG

Old 12-13-2008, 10:01 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

Originally Posted by denverjay
A long time ago I read somewhere (maybe here) that there are slight programming differences between the "CA" vehicles and those intended to be sold in the non-CA states.

Anybody else remember that?
I'm positive that is FALSE for the 2005 thru 2007 models.
I'm see no reason for that to change for the newer models.

Old 12-14-2008, 01:29 PM
Active Enthusiast

Well I certainly can't argue the point since I don't remember where I read it but I seem to remember there was even a graphic that showed slightly different gas mileage estimates as well. This would have been well before I bought mine so no telling where I saw it.

If I come across it, I'll post a link.

Old 12-14-2008, 01:53 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Oh no! I might have stirred up a storm as I found two different emmision standards and fuel efficiency for the 2007 Ford Escape Hybrid. This is the link: http://www.epa.gov/greenvehicles/Index.do
I had trouble inserting a file so this looks like heck.

http://www.epa.gov/greenvehicles/Index.do
Year: 2007
State: Pennsylvania
Make: FORD
Model: Escape Hybrid

Click arrow to sort

FORD Escape Hybrid

2.3L
4 cyl

Gasoline

Auto Variable

4WD

28 / 27

FORD Escape Hybrid

2.3L
4 cyl

Gasoline

Auto Variable

4WD

28 / 27

FORD Escape Hybrid

2.3L
4 cyl

Gasoline

Auto Variable

2WD

31 / 29

FORD Escape Hybrid

2.3L
4 cyl

Gasoline

Auto Variable

2WD

31 / 29

StandardsCalifornia standard!
(grams per mile)
NOx
CO
NMOG
PM

Standards
(grams per mile)
NOx
CO
NMOG
PM

Old 12-15-2008, 04:35 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gpsman1
I'm positive that is FALSE for the 2005 thru 2007 models.
I'm see no reason for that to change for the newer models.
Are you still positive that I am wrong? I think Billyk has posted what I remembered reading a long time ago.

If the vehicle is identical between CA and non-CA cars, the only explaination for the differences in emissions would be programming. No?

Old 12-15-2008, 05:37 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I generally trust the EPA for this type of information (after all, it is their job to know these things) but I would love to get a second reference to back this up.

What could be different in the programming that would reduce emissions and not change the MPG? And if this is just a "cleaner" program only, why not use it on every model since it doesn't affect MPG rating and obviously wouldn't cost Ford anything (for the already written program).

There has to be something physically different (maybe a different/better catalytic converter?) Otherwise, it doesn't make financial sense to have more than one emissions related option.

Old 12-15-2008, 06:39 AM
Enthusiast

You think they will ship to Canada?... we were in an accident and it looks like our 08 Escape hybrid will be written off... I doubt we'll find another in the area that is not pre-sold.

Old 12-15-2008, 06:42 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MyPart
I generally trust the EPA for this type of information (after all, it is their job to know these things) but I would love to get a second reference to back this up.
How about fueleconomy.gov? It's sponsored by the Dept. of Energy.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/22389.shtml

Look under the section titled "Air Pollution" where it says "this vehicle is available in multiple versions".

Last edited by denverjay; 12-15-2008 at 06:44 AM.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by MyPart

What could be different in the programming that would reduce emissions and not change the MPG? And if this is just a "cleaner" program only, why not use it on every model since it doesn't affect MPG rating and obviously wouldn't cost Ford anything (for the already written program).

There has to be something physically different (maybe a different/better catalytic converter?) Otherwise, it doesn't make financial sense to have more than one emissions related option.
It also could be the required gas additives.

GaryG

Old 12-15-2008, 07:28 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Muad-dib
You think they will ship to Canada?... we were in an accident and it looks like our 08 Escape hybrid will be written off... I doubt we'll find another in the area that is not pre-sold.
Why don't you ask them?
Sales Phone: (800) 256-7137
Sales Phone: (800) 256-7137
or
http://www.galpinford.com

Quick Reply: 77 Escape Hybrid in inventory=one dealer!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands