Anyone else get locked out of your FEH?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 02:52 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone else get locked out of your FEH?

Yes, I thought that was a possibility, but it's not the answer. I do the same thing. If I leave the keys in the car, I roll the window down.

aloha,
ellie

Old 06-23-2006, 10:19 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Originally Posted by nightracerx
I think your ignition is at "on" position since you mentioned EV mode. If you leave it in off or accessory position the unlock feature should work. At on position you can lock your door anytime.

I don't understand what your point is. My fob is on my keyring, which my car key is on. So, when it's in the ignition, and I lock the doors, no one can get in, which means I don't have to worry about someone stealing my car. (Which was I've heard was a way to steal cars; there was a scam where they'd put a piece of tape on your back window. When you backed out, you saw it, stopped, got out, and they'd hop in and steal your vehicle and keys. Plus I'm paranoid that way.)

In addition, like right now, my keys are locked in my car, so I don't have to worry about them; I don't always have pockets, so I can store the keys in the console, then use the keypad to open the car when I'm done. It also makes dropping off or picking up stuff pretty fast and easy, and with trusted family members, they can pick up or drop off stuff at the car without keys as well.

As I recall, it was about $110 installation and programming (my old key code) included. And for something like that, I'd rather not do it myself.

Old 06-28-2006, 09:14 AM
Enthusiast

Great idea on the keypad, I didn't find any on ebay, after brief search, but I did find these for 80$ http://www.autotechs.com/items/item1737.htm . Will these work or do we need a later model ?
Thanks
Mike

Old 06-28-2006, 09:50 AM

Hi Mike

I had no luck on ebay also. I just called that toll free number on that website you posted and ask if that keypad would work on the newer FEH's, the guy said yes, but he seemed unsure. It does not appear that they wouldn't work to me because the dealers offers them also. If I don't find a better price, I'm ordering one from them.

GaryG

Old 06-28-2006, 11:10 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Ebay item #280001010767 9 available at $45 buy it now + $9 S/H. (not my auction.)

I can confirm this works with my 2006 FEH.

Last edited by GatorJ; 06-28-2006 at 11:14 AM.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:19 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I have one of those keypads on my 05 FEH & it works fine.

That setup will work on any Ford/Mercury that has keyless entry, it is the same thing as another keyfob.

~John

Old 06-28-2006, 03:18 PM

Thanks John, I just bought one on ebay and saved $36 bucks plus tax cause I live in FL where the others were $80.

GaryG

Old 06-28-2006, 04:25 PM
Active Enthusiast

After having the pad on our F150, we decided that we would never buy another vehicle with this option. It is just way too convenient not to have for the price paid. We programmed the one on the FEH to use the same code as the F150.

Old 06-28-2006, 07:03 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mehitibel
From time to time my FEH locks itself. I have to be very careful to take the keys out of the car when I leave it or I run this risk.
If you have a fkeyless entry system, have you tried replacing the battery? A weak battery might be causing spurious signals from the keyless entry transmitter.

My other thought is you might have a loose wire or electrical noise in your system.

It could also be the 12V car battery getting weak as well. If you have a voltmeter that is easy to check and diagnose.

Those are the three things that come to my mind as the causes.

I have the Mariner with the keypad, and I can can confirm what others have said about it being extremely useful. If this is a serious problem for you, I would suggest getting one as well.

Old 06-29-2006, 02:46 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Originally Posted by Jimihdkunk
If you have a fkeyless entry system, have you tried replacing the battery? A weak battery might be causing spurious signals from the keyless entry transmitter.

My other thought is you might have a loose wire or electrical noise in your system.

It could also be the 12V car battery getting weak as well. If you have a voltmeter that is easy to check and diagnose.

Those are the three things that come to my mind as the causes.

I have the Mariner with the keypad, and I can can confirm what others have said about it being extremely useful. If this is a serious problem for you, I would suggest getting one as well.

More likely (I haven't tried it myself, but I've seen it in my mothers Ford Focus), is that it's got the redundant security system, where if you unlock the doors, but don't open them, after a set amount of time 30 seconds or so, it'll relock.

Quick Reply: Anyone else get locked out of your FEH?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands