Anyone else get locked out of your FEH?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 07:30 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone else get locked out of your FEH?

The keypad on the outside of my FEH 2007 has been a godsend. I'm used to just putting my keys in the center console and locking my car when I'm at work with my old Ford Explorer. Now, I can do the same.

A couple of points for people. First, you have to turn the key very quickly to get the 8 "1-3" slot changes. I did this several times, and got very frustrated, before I found out it wanted an extremely quick transition.
Second, for those that want all of the doors opened at the same time, you can do this with both the keypad as well as the remote. Just change your settings from driver door only to all doors. Since I want passengers, and groceries, to be able to access all doors, I did this. Whenever I either hit the remote entry, or put in my code on the keyless, all the doors are open, including the trunk and back glass.

BTW: I bought my outside keypad on Ebay for ~$60.00 about a month ago. They are still out there, but are only recommended for 2004 vehicles (not a lot of changes in this technology in the last few years.)

Last edited by ranaes; 08-26-2006 at 07:35 PM.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:52 PM
Active Enthusiast

The exterior pad just saved my wife a nice hassle today. After leaving the house via the front door to recapture our escaped dachsund in the front yard, our 20 month old son decided to demonstrate his deadbolt lock proficiency from inside the house. She would have been completely locked out if she were not able to unlock the Escape and access the garage door opener.

We discussed hiding a key outside of course, but somehow those keys always seem to be inside the house when you need them!

Old 08-29-2006, 09:57 PM
Enthusiast

I just got one on E-Bay for $50. Programmed it and stuck it on, works perfectly. Thanks to the forum for the tip. Now I just am waiting for the autodimming mirror with compass and thermometer I got on E-Bay and my FEH will approach perfection. Oh yea and the cargo liner, gotta get that too.

Jay

Old 08-30-2006, 07:43 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ranaes
BTW: I bought my outside keypad on Ebay for ~$60.00 about a month ago. They are still out there, but are only recommended for 2004 vehicles (not a lot of changes in this technology in the last few years.)
Any idea WHY they are only recommended for 2004 vehicles? What could possibly be the difference?

Russ

Old 08-30-2006, 09:45 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jginaz
I just got one on E-Bay for $50. Programmed it and stuck it on, works perfectly. Thanks to the forum for the tip. Now I just am waiting for the autodimming mirror with compass and thermometer I got on E-Bay and my FEH will approach perfection. Oh yea and the cargo liner, gotta get that too.
Jay
Hi Jay, did you get the Ford version or any generic one? Do you have a link?

Old 08-30-2006, 11:41 AM
Enthusiast

I got a Ford keypad (if that's what you were asking) it works A-1 in my 2007. The directions say 2004 -> which I interpret as 2004 and later.

Jay

Old 09-02-2006, 06:34 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jginaz
I got a Ford keypad (if that's what you were asking) it works A-1 in my 2007. The directions say 2004 -> which I interpret as 2004 and later.

Jay
I just installed a $50 Ford Keypad (and it *is* a genuine Ford part) from ebay on my '07 a couple of hours ago. It works like a charm!

(my husband is envious and wanted to know if he could get one for his Prius )

Anyone know what happens when the battery needs to be replaced? There were no instructions on how to replace that when it happens... I'm guessing we'll have to bring it to a Ford dealer for that, huh?

Old 09-03-2006, 07:40 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rfortson
Any idea WHY they are only recommended for 2004 vehicles? What could possibly be the difference?

Russ
There is no difference. If you look in the accessories catalog, the part number in the catalog matches the part number on the box. The manufacturer probably just hasn't updated the packaging.