View Poll Results: What is the color of your Ford/Mercury Hybrid?
Oxford White
3.61%
Vista Blue Metallic
6.02%
Tungsten Grey Metallic
12.05%
Black
15.66%
Kiwi Green Metallic
8.43%
Black Pearl Slate Metallic
8.43%
Light Ice Blue Metallic
14.46%
Dark Shadow Gray
8.43%
Silver
10.84%
Dune Pearl
2.41%
Redfire Metallic
8.43%
Charcoal Beige Metallic
1.20%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Color of Your Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 08:41 PM
MAB
Enthusiast
Default Re: Color of Your Hybrid

I'm not currently a hybrid owner, but I am interested in the technology to the point that I have driven both '07 and '08 FEH's at a local dealer. We used to have a 2003 Mazda Tribute ES AWD V6 that was my wife's car (until she HAD to have the PT Cruiser Convertible) so I am very familiar with the overall vehicle platform. I currently drive a 2003 Chevy Avalanche that I love, it's one of the most solidly built and reliable vehicles I've ever owned, and that's saying a lot for GM (I've had some real crap in the past). It'd be nice to have better mileage, and I can't justify trading it just to get better gas mileage (i.e. payments/insurance/taxes would cost more than the gas it would save) so a hybrid will probably come sometime down the road when normal age and wear dictates a replacement.

I like the changes on the '08s, including the improved Nav system. However, what stops me dead in my tracks from allowing emotions to overrule logic was the absolutely DREARY colors the '08's come in. The PT Cruiser we have is black, and like for many people, one black car is enough. I hate pastel colors, Ice Blue is as yucky as they come and Kiwi Green was bad enough when Ford offered it on Mustangs and Cougars back in the late '60's. Greys and silvers, I also don't like (I had a horrid '75 Mustang V8 in silver at one time).

Of the two main remaining colors, White and Vista Blue, I'd take either one. Except.....Ford in their endless "wisdom" choses to not allow sunroofs in either of these. OK, that does it, there's not a single color / option combination on the current FEH, MMH or presumably the MTH that I'd ever own.

Where are the bright reds, deep hunter greens, the yellows, the oranges, heck, even the purples? Why does the hybrid owner get consigned to the dreariness of yuck colors?

Oh well, enough ranting, especially for a first post. Presumably, someone at Ford will have a "V8" moment and add some color to the lineup. And, presumably, by then we'll have some of the other irritating absences such as steering wheel radio controls added as well. Maybe even a factory towing package, who knows. And maybe even a bigger battery and a cord to plug it in with. Until then, I'll continue to be a lurker and occasional poster as I enjoy my wonderful VICTORY RED Avalanche. At least Chevy can get the colors right.

MAB

Old 07-15-2007, 06:19 AM
Active Enthusiast

Welcome MAB. I'm sure by the time you're ready to seriously consider an FEH or MMH they'll have the colors sorted out. I can't imagine they'll continue with all the drab and dull colors forever.

I was washing my Tungsten Grey FEH yesterday and I noticed for the first time what you guys were talking about with the purplish hue in certain angles. Weird! I must have been living in a fog for the last 11 months to not have noticed!

Old 07-16-2007, 08:16 PM
Enthusiast

Another vote for Titanium Green Clearcoat Metallic
2007 FEH 2wd