Couple of things for sale for Escape Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 10:51 PM
Enthusiast
Default Couple of things for sale for Escape Hybrid

I know I just bought one, but I got a disturbing call today from the dealer. Apparently they couldnt get my wife financed at the agreed upon rate when we signed and picked up the car. I am in the process of selling our other vehicle which is still under her name and the banks say she cant qualify for both cars. The rate they could quote was more than double our current quote so instead of having to fire sale the car we have or haggle, I gave it back today.

Problem is Ive already ordered a couple of things for my FEH. Any of you interested please let me know. I am a 99.5% positive feedback seller with over 600 on eBay and paypal confirmed and verified. This is what I have.

H13 High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlight kit in 6K. Its a 35w kit that puts out 6000 kelvin of light. Very bright and white, 300% brighter than stock yet doesn't blind oncoming drivers. I paid $260+tax+shipping. Asking $175 + shipping or local pickup.

Gentex 2006 Homelink Mirror with auto dim. This is brand new unit I just bought today from an authorized dealer. It is universal and has 3 Homelink buttons on it, comes with instructions, harness, and harness cover. I paid $229+shipping. Asking $170+shipping or local pickup.

Nokya H10 fog light bulbs in artic white to match HIDs. 45w bulbs that put out a light close to 7000 kelvin. These are exact perfect fit for the stock fog light bulbs. Paid $22.99+shipping. Asking $20 including shipping.

Please either PM or email me at bigphilwong@gmail.com

Thank you,

Phil

Old 06-23-2007, 08:03 PM
Prof. of Hybridology
Default Re: Couple of things for sale for Escape Hybrid

Originally Posted by BigPhil
Apparently they couldnt get my wife financed at the agreed upon rate when we signed and picked up the car.

I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune, but if you signed and picked up the vehicle, any problem they have should be their problem, not yours.

You signed, you took possession, anything after the fact should be their problem, since you've upheld your end. Though there's probably something I don't know or some other misunderstanding.

Old 06-24-2007, 12:07 PM
Enthusiast

Yes but I was advised by another friend who owns a dealership that they do have the right to demand for their vehicle back if they cant get you financed within 10 days at the rate they quoted you. I was on my 7th day when they called and said the rate was almost double what they first quoted me and that they rather take the car back with 300 miles on it then have to eat the difference on the rate. So I just look at it like I had a free rental for a week.

Old 06-25-2007, 03:55 PM
2008 Escape Hybrid Owner

Originally Posted by BigPhil
Yes but I was advised by another friend who owns a dealership that they do have the right to demand for their vehicle back if they cant get you financed within 10 days at the rate they quoted you. I was on my 7th day when they called and said the rate was almost double what they first quoted me and that they rather take the car back with 300 miles on it then have to eat the difference on the rate. So I just look at it like I had a free rental for a week.
Did they re-sell the car as a new car?

Old 06-26-2007, 12:39 PM
Active Enthusiast

if the deal falls through I will take the mirror off your hands. jk240sx@gmail.com

Old 06-26-2007, 01:13 PM
Enthusiast

Not to be too much of a jerk, but credit rating has a lot to do with the interest rate you get. And past and current debt history was likely the problem. So maybe going out and spending more money on top of trying to buy a new car was not the best thing to do to help your future credit rating. Just my two cents, but thought it might be something to keep in mind for preparing for a future hybrid purchase.