Cruise control--is an indicator supposed to show if it's on or not?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 06:13 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Cruise control--is an indicator supposed to show if it's on or not?

Originally Posted by ncp10
but was surprised with a few things missing in a car with leather seats and so on. .
I agree, for a vehicle that costs over $30,000 fully loaded it is awfully light on expected/nice to have luxury features............

~John

Old 01-21-2007, 07:50 AM

I really don't think the $30k price point is even remotely a "luxury vehicle" these days... heck, even our Ford F-150 Supercrew 4x4 pickup was over $30k, and that was back in '01 with nothing special except leather seats.

For luxury, you'd need to fork over the extra moolah and buy a Navigator or something -- base price $45,755 (for an '07).

Old 01-21-2007, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by gpsman1
Hmmm.... and the actual "price" of a "Hybrid" Escape vs. an equally equipped V6 Escape is only $3000 more????

Something smells fishy..... ( or we all got one hell of a low price on our FEH's )
Its not that fishy actually..... For makes less money on the hybrids profit wise..... Thats been reported somewhere... they use some of their normal profit to cover part of the extra cost because they didn't think the full cost could be passed on to the consumer.

Old 01-21-2007, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by GeekGal
I really don't think the $30k price point is even remotely a "luxury vehicle" these days...
Good point, I know what you're saying(I work in the car business)

There are plenty of cars available in the mid twenties that come with things like the outside temp mirror however. Heck, I sold an 07 Ford Taurus last week that had that feature + heated leather seats, moon-roof, lighted cruise buttons & a bunch of other stuff for under $20,000.

~John

Old 01-21-2007, 09:46 AM
Active Enthusiast

[quote=jmorton10;107889]That was probably me, I added a console from a sunroof equipped Escape to my 05:

Console shown here

& an overhead DVD system with wireless headphones for my kids in the rear:

John, where can I find a console like that, and how does one get that installed with power to it?

Noel

Old 01-21-2007, 11:32 AM

John, where can I find a console like that, and how does one get that installed with power to it?
I bought it off ebay, but it is a stock Ford console from an escape with a factory moonroof.

I ran power wires through the headliner from the existing dome lights.

~John

Old 01-21-2007, 03:40 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jmorton10
I bought it off ebay, but it is a stock Ford console from an escape with a factory moonroof.

I ran power wires through the headliner from the existing dome lights.

~John
Hmmm. How did you run power wires thru the headliner? Did you have to remove the headliner? Sounds difficult to do n not ruin, but then again I haven't done much in the way of this sort of thing in the past.

So you are thinking it is a part I could possibly obtain from Ford?

Old 01-21-2007, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by ncp10
Hmmm. How did you run power wires thru the headliner? Did you have to remove the headliner??
All I did was remove the existing dome light & fish the wires to the front with a coat hanger(I didn't remove the headliner)

I'm sure you can buy the part from Ford if you want.

~John

Old 01-21-2007, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by jmorton10
That was probably me, I added a console from a sunroof equipped Escape to my 05:

Console shown here

& an overhead DVD system with wireless headphones for my kids in the rear:

DVD SHOWN HERE

I also added the Home-link garage door opener setup you can see in the console pic.

I recently got rid of the 05 FEH & bought a newer 06 FEH that came with a moon-roof. The new one already has the overhead console, but I will shortly be adding the rear DVD setup to it.

~John
John,
How do you plan to add the DVD player/monitor with the factory moonroof? Since ours came with the moonroof, I figured that I'd have to do headrest monitors in a few months when my son is old enough to appreciate TV like his daddy. I just couldn't figure a way to do an overhead unit as there will be nothing to support the unit except for the flimsy headliner and you can't mount through that to the roof b/c that is where the moonroof slides when it is open. I don't think there is much clearance inside the headliner so I don't even know if you can fabricate some kind of support within the headliner.

Old 01-22-2007, 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by Tim K
I don't think there is much clearance inside the headliner so I don't even know if you can fabricate some kind of support within the headliner.
You're right Tim, this will be a bit of a challenge, I have a couple ideas that I think will work however. I will remove the headliner & fabricate a support to stiffen & support it, I'm pretty handy with this kind of stuff.

I agree, the headrest setup is probably the way to go for most people if they have a moon-roof but I'm determined to get that same roof setup to work again as I love the unit.

I will post the results after I get it installed, but I'm awfully busy at work so I'm not sure when that will be.

~John

Quick Reply: Cruise control--is an indicator supposed to show if it's on or not?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands