Does anyone have MMH on order???

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 05:07 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Does anyone have MMH on order???

Originally Posted by WaltPA
Was yours a new order, or did the dealer just modify an existing order they already had sitting in the queue for months?
It is a brand new order.

Old 12-03-2007, 06:01 AM
Enthusiast

Mine was a fact, order.

Old 12-03-2007, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by 08HYBRID
Mine was a fact, order.
What does that mean?

Old 12-03-2007, 06:50 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Factory Order? If so, I think the lead time is up to 16-20 weeks now.

Old 12-03-2007, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by MyPart
Factory Order? If so, I think the lead time is up to 16-20 weeks now.
OUCH!!!
Say it ain't so!

Old 12-03-2007, 10:06 AM
Enthusiast

If you're looking for one:

Here's a suggestion, which worked for me. Remember, I'm in Staten Island and the NY metropolitan area may not see new FEH's for 4-7+ months due to the NYC taxi purchases.

There are plenty of these on the West Coast, but due to Ford's insane regional setup the East Coast dealers can't cooperate with their West Coast brethren.

I called the main Ford number 1-800-392-3673, then got forwarded to marketing (yeah, I almost hung up at that point, but it worked so ask for marketing). Once you get to marketing, ask for a mid/senior manager and tell them if you don't get decent information your next call is to Toyota about a Highlander, then ask for inventory for what you are looking for within 500 miles of where you live. Inventory for me was shockingly low, (4 AWD and 2 FWD), but at least it gives you a little negotiating room.

Ford HQ's marketing folks apparently don't care about sales regions.

Old 12-03-2007, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by hockey3
If you're looking for one:

Here's a suggestion, which worked for me. Remember, I'm in Staten Island and the NY metropolitan area may not see new FEH's for 4-7+ months due to the NYC taxi purchases.

There are plenty of these on the West Coast, but due to Ford's insane regional setup the East Coast dealers can't cooperate with their West Coast brethren.

I called the main Ford number 1-800-392-3673, then got forwarded to marketing (yeah, I almost hung up at that point, but it worked so ask for marketing). Once you get to marketing, ask for a mid/senior manager and tell them if you don't get decent information your next call is to Toyota about a Highlander, then ask for inventory for what you are looking for within 500 miles of where you live. Inventory for me was shockingly low, (4 AWD and 2 FWD), but at least it gives you a little negotiating room.

Ford HQ's marketing folks apparently don't care about sales regions.
A dealer tracked FEH and MMH's from Western Pennsylvania to Baltimore (he said it was a 500 mile radius). He located 3. Two of the hybrids, the dealers wouldn't part with them. The other one, the dealer wanted $1000 over sticker price.
So I ordered an Ice Blue MMH fwd with NAV system. I'm getting the color I want with the accessories that I want. Now it's just a waiting game.

Old 12-08-2007, 08:38 AM
Enthusiast

Good News on the FEH delivery times:

Ordered mine on October 10th. The dealer just called me and said production is scheduled for December 10th. Should have the vehicle delivered 7 - 10 days later.

May get my 2007 tax credit after all.

Old 12-08-2007, 10:13 AM

Just a FYI, I searched eBay, and there was 2-3 New MMH's listed. If they are near you & have same options might save someone a long wait. Nir suggesting buying thru ebay, most dealers will end early for a lot sale. Unless they're greedy and are trying to get over MSRP.

Old 12-10-2007, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by nicst47
It is a brand new order.
OK.

A dealer can modify an existing order (possibly one they planned for their lot, or simply put into the system as a place holder), up until a week or two before it is built. A dealer can change color and add/delete most options. I think the only options which can't be changed so close to build, are 4WD and sunroof.

Quick Reply: Does anyone have MMH on order???

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands