FEH & MMH owners with NAV radios...

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 04:02 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: FEH & MMH owners with NAV radios...

I have a copy of the dealer's 2006 source book (information/sales guide for sales staff.) for the Hybrid. It states "Audiophile system included in Hybrid Energy/Navigation/Audiophile System. Includes satellite radio compatibility. Also includes MP3 playability(1)
(1)For the most recent features/product availability, please refer to the latest Dealer Ordering guide at fmcdealer.com"

Last edited by GatorJ; 07-03-2006 at 06:56 PM.
Old 07-03-2006, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by GatorJ
I have a copy of the dealer's 2006 source book (information/sales guide for sales staff.) for the Hybrid. It states "Audiophile system included in Hybrid Energy/Navigation/Audiophile System. Includes satellite radio compatibility. Also includes MP3 playability(1)
(1)For the most recent features/product availability, please refer to the latest Dealer Ordering guide at fmdealer.com"
FWIW, that URL doesn't go where it did whenever your source book was printed. It now resolves to a spam/search site with no affiliation to Ford Motor Co.

None of my brochures are terribly informative on the topic of MP3 or even satellite/XM radio capability/compatibility. I have the "personalized" Ford Escape Hybrid brochure (requested online), the non-hybrid Ford Escape brochure (2006) and a Mercury Mariner Hybrid brochure (requested online). None mention MP3, some mention satellite/XM radio compatibility but not in relation to the NAV radio system.

Old 07-03-2006, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by GeekGal
FWIW, that URL doesn't go where it did whenever your source book was printed. It now resolves to a spam/search site with no affiliation to Ford Motor Co.

None of my brochures are terribly informative on the topic of MP3 or even satellite/XM radio capability/compatibility. I have the "personalized" Ford Escape Hybrid brochure (requested online), the non-hybrid Ford Escape brochure (2006) and a Mercury Mariner Hybrid brochure (requested online). None mention MP3, some mention satellite/XM radio compatibility but not in relation to the NAV radio system.
I corrected it....left out a "c"

www.fmcdealer.com

Last edited by GatorJ; 07-03-2006 at 07:01 PM.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:07 PM

I corrected it....left out a "c"

www.fmcdealer.com
You seem to need a password to access that site.

Old 07-04-2006, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by TeeSter
You seem to need a password to access that site.
Correct, it's a Ford dealer site, not a consumer one. The document I quoted is for dealer's sales staff, not for potential customers. It is essentially a 26 page "cheat sheet." Has sections on changes for the model year, closest competitors, purchase motivators and then describes various component areas.

Old 07-07-2006, 11:27 AM
Enthusiast

I have the Nav system and haven't tried a MP3 CD in it. Is it that MP3s don't work in the Nav CD tray nor in the 6-disc changer?

Old 07-07-2006, 02:32 PM

The don't appear to work in either. You can make an audio CD out of your MP3s but you can't play a MP3 CD

Old 07-07-2006, 03:19 PM

I keep forgetting to call Ford back. The whole "go through the dealer" thing really irritates me. I mean, if I were to sue....it isn't going to be the dealer I sue.

Old 07-07-2006, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Tim K
I keep forgetting to call Ford back. The whole "go through the dealer" thing really irritates me. I mean, if I were to sue....it isn't going to be the dealer I sue.
Who sold you the truck?

Old 07-08-2006, 12:21 PM

Who sold you the truck?
Who built it?
Who advertised the features?
Who printed the brochures and sticker?
Who gave all the incorrect information to the dealer?

Quick Reply: FEH & MMH owners with NAV radios...

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands