FEH & MMH owners with NAV radios...

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 02:50 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: FEH & MMH owners with NAV radios...

Originally Posted by GeekGal
Wow, that fellow you spoke to at Ford has a bright future in the legal profession.
Not really, the answers weren't nearly clever enough.

Old 07-10-2006, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by GatorJ
Not really, the answers weren't nearly clever enough.
Hehe... If I recall correctly, you're in the legal profession, so I'll take your word for it.

Old 07-10-2006, 04:46 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yup, I'd say he's better suited for the Bush administration . .

Anyway, if a person would really be willing to call their FEH 'boat ready' for the options mentioned earlier, I've got a kit I could sell you. I'm not making any guarantees about seaworthiness, but it'll be at least part way there - which is apparently what Ford wants us to settle for on this.

Old 07-10-2006, 04:54 PM

I'll call my sales manager this week and see what he has to say about this. I expect it to be something like "all options and features are subject to change".

Old 07-31-2006, 06:10 AM

Not surprisingly, Ford is STILL promoting that the Nav radio is MP3 and Satellite ready.

2007 Mariner Hybrid ordering guide:
http://dealer.webmakerx.net/Images/S...er%20Guide.pdf

I left a message for the sales manager at my dealership today. I'll post the results of that call....like there will be any!

Old 07-31-2006, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Tim K
Not surprisingly, Ford is STILL promoting that the Nav radio is MP3 and Satellite ready.

2007 Mariner Hybrid ordering guide:
http://dealer.webmakerx.net/Images/S...er%20Guide.pdf
You are right. The 2007 MMH Ordering Guide mentions specifically that about the NAV radio. However, in contrast, the 2007 FEH Ordering Guide does not. I am sure, though, that Ford will officially state that the Ordering Guides are strictly between them and their dealers. That customers aren't suppose to have copies of them and therefore, Ford is not responsible to customers for any incorrect info in them.

BTW, are we talking about being able to play CD's with the songs in MP3 format instead of WAV format? Or are we talking about being able to plug into the NAV radio, an Ipod-like MP3 player?

Let me also mention that if one looks through all the accessory catalogs, it seems that the FEH/MMH with the NAV radio are just about the only radios that are not compatible with the Mobile Ease system. Mobile Ease is their Bluetooth cell phone handsfree system. I find that quite a disappointment.

It would be sure nice, if the NAV radio could be deleted off the Premium Package, and replaced with the much more capable Audiophile (320-watt) MP3 & Satellite-Ready, 6-Disc In-Dash radio.

There is always "Dear Bill" at WFord@Ford.com.

Old 07-31-2006, 07:26 AM

I left a message for the sales manager at my dealership today. I'll post the results of that call....like there will be any!
I guess the question I would ask is "Why does the Audiophile (320-watt) 6-Disc In-Dash radio seem to have more capabilities (MP3, Satellite, Mobile Ease) than the 'upgrade' Nav radio?"

Old 07-31-2006, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by WaltPA
I am sure, though, that Ford will officially state that the Ordering Guides are strictly between them and their dealers. That customers aren't suppose to have copies of them and therefore, Ford is not responsible to customers for any incorrect info in them.
However, the rep at Ford I talked to stressed that Ford dealers are responsible for educating thier buyers.....but since documents like this provide that information to the dealers then Ford is ultimately responsible.

BTW, are we talking about being able to play CD's with the songs in MP3 format instead of WAV format? Or are we talking about being able to plug into the NAV radio, an Ipod-like MP3 player?
The CD player or changer is supposed to be capable of playing CD's loaded with mp3 files.

Old 07-31-2006, 11:39 AM

However, the rep at Ford I talked to stressed that Ford dealers are responsible for educating thier buyers.....but since documents like this provide that information to the dealers then Ford is ultimately responsible.
My point was, really, that possibly the dealer would need to champion the issue of bad info in the Buyers Guide with Ford, not a customer.

The CD player or changer is supposed to be capable of playing CD's loaded with mp3 files.
But, from reading here, neither can work with an MP3 CD?

Just as a hunch, the built-in CD player has a digital interface so that the NAV discs can be read. In contrast, the CD changer has an analog only interface. So, it might be more possible for the built-in CD player to work with MP3 disks since they are digital and need to be "processed" (decoded digitally).