First Post - Question about audio system on '08 Escape

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 12:50 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: First Post - Question about audio system on '08 Escape

Originally Posted by DavidH
...some 08 NAV pictures. Question, is this the same CD that other 08 owners received? Copyright 2005?

You mean that all Ford did, was to copy the circa 2005 CD disks, onto one DVD disk? It is still the same old, and quite obsolete 2005 data?

Old 05-23-2007, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by WaltPA
You mean that all Ford did, was to copy the circa 2005 CD disks, onto one DVD disk? It is still the same old, and quite obsolete 2005 data?

It sure looks that way, doesn't it??

~John

Old 05-23-2007, 05:42 PM
Active Enthusiast

Well as far as the nav map DVD's they must be updated to at least 2006 because my street shows up on it and on my garmin street pilot i had to update to 2006 maps b4 my street showed up. our house was built in 05.

Old 05-23-2007, 05:59 PM
Active Enthusiast

Ok. here is a picture of the front pass speaker on my 08 FEH with audiophile/nav system. As we have all thought the tweeter is in fact right there in the middle.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
FEHpic.pdf (384.5 KB, 261 views)
Old 05-23-2007, 06:53 PM
2008 Escape Hybrid Owner

Originally Posted by cngrevolution
Well as far as the nav map DVD's they must be updated to at least 2006 because my street shows up on it and on my garmin street pilot i had to update to 2006 maps b4 my street showed up. our house was built in 05.
Can you give us the number from the DVD, or send a picture of it? Maybe the one that came with my 08 is older than yours! Mine says Map Version 4P
Supplier Code EDMEA
7L2T-10E989-BB

Copyright 2007 Panasonic
Copyright 2005 Navteq (Navteq is the maps provider)

Last edited by DavidH; 05-23-2007 at 06:58 PM.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:38 PM
Active Enthusiast

Well I think you might have gotten a older one. Mine is:

Map version: 5P
supplier code: EDMEA
8L8T-10E989-AC

2007 PIONEER CORP
2005 NAVTEQ

Old 05-23-2007, 07:40 PM

Ok. here is a picture of the front pass speaker on my 08 FEH with audiophile/nav system. As we have all thought the tweeter is in fact right there in the middle.
Yea, that's definitely a tweeter.

I can't believe Ford did that, they moved the tweeters from one of the best possible locations(the A pillar sail panels is a superb acoustic location), to posibly the worst acoustic location they could have picked.......

~John

Old 05-23-2007, 07:44 PM
Active Enthusiast

well i had a problem with the plastic cover on one of my "A" pillers. it was kind of bowed out. I took it back and they put a new one on, they also told me that because of the air bags and other things that they have re routed inside the "A" pillers that those plastic covers kinda come out a bit. so I'm thinking that they moved them because of too much crap behind them. I agree it sucks, they would have been much better up in the a piller.

Old 05-23-2007, 07:47 PM

Navteq is the same as Google maps & those have never been particularly up to date.

There is a large residential neighborhood near where I work that is probably 10 years old (one of my co-workers lives there & his house is 10 years old) & it does not show at all on Google maps. The main street leading to the neighborhood shows as incomplete also & the street was completed years ago.

That same neighborhood & roads leading to it show in complete & very precise & accurate detail in my Eclipse/Fijitsu 10 NAV unit.

~John

Old 05-23-2007, 07:50 PM

well i had a problem with the plastic cover on one of my "A" pillers. it was kind of bowed out. I took it back and they put a new one on, they also told me that because of the air bags and other things that they have re routed inside the "A" pillers that those plastic covers kinda come out a bit. so I'm thinking that they moved them because of too much crap behind them. I agree it sucks, they would have been much better up in the a piller.
That may be true I suppose, but I'm a little sceptical because my 06 has side curtain air bags & a moonroof & there is absolutely nothing behind those panels except the tweeters.

~John

Quick Reply: First Post - Question about audio system on '08 Escape

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands