Flooded FEH LARGE pictures included. HELP

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2020, 08:10 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Flooded FEH LARGE pictures included. HELP

thanks for the video - i had intended to look for one and with it in the forefront - i watched it.
i think he did say that there are no replacement parts on the market (for the eCVT) - meaning you can buy new (i guess) (the whole transaxle)
from the dealer or buy used from a junk yard. the risk from a junk yard is if it is no good - then what to do. there is a junk yard in the
austin tx area that sells parts where the purchaser can buy a warranty (i think it is one dollar per day)
i do not think much of ford's recommended 150 k miles on the transaxle before changing the fluid - 60k is what i plan on doing.

Old 08-02-2020, 10:49 AM
Enthusiast

I am back to FL and the rain is very unpredictable and a storm is near by. I haven't touch the FEH yet. Perhaps when the sky is clear, maybe this week.

It has been 11 days now since it was flooded. Any idea how long it takes for water to dry out of the wires under the seat? I really don't want to unwrapp the black tape.

Old 08-02-2020, 02:07 PM
Active Enthusiast

i would think that 2 weeks would be sufficient.
Did you pull the oil dipstick and look at it?

Old 08-02-2020, 05:11 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fglaustin
i would think that 2 weeks would be sufficient.
Did you pull the oil dipstick and look at it?
So I guess 11 days is enough. After putting back all electronics modules (ac dc converter, fuse components, restraint control module, and the center concolse shifter) the engine started up. I also charged the 12v battery and the high voltage battery prior to starting. I drove it for a mile and it ran as usual. The ECU light is on and hoping for it to clear by itself.

the day it flooded i checked the oil dip stick and it was fine. I checked the air filter there is no sign of water.

Old 08-03-2020, 05:14 PM
Active Enthusiast

that is Great to hear - I would be ecstatic; i am sure you are also.
i do not have a code reader (holding out for forscan);
do you have a code of the ecu error.
What is the restraint control module - Is that the body control module?
where is it located?

Old 08-03-2020, 07:14 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Glad to hear it! I hope it keeps going this way and you find the ECU code is something minor. If it starts, runs and drives without any major "hard stop" warnings that's a very good sign. Keep us posted!

Old 08-04-2020, 11:59 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fglaustin
that is Great to hear - I would be ecstatic; i am sure you are also.
i do not have a code reader (holding out for forscan);
do you have a code of the ecu error.
What is the restraint control module - Is that the body control module?
where is it located?
The ecu light went off after a day while test driving it around the neighborhood. I think it cleared it self. I am very ecstatic and lucky to have it running again. The restraint control module i believe is the module that detects and control the seatbelts. It is located next to or just below the ac dc converter. It is a gray aluminum small box that is sealed. I also removed the seat belt apparatus mechanism and washed the dirty oily dark belt. So far is good. I just gotta clean the cabin floor before putting the carpet back in.

Old 08-04-2020, 11:59 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AlexK
Glad to hear it! I hope it keeps going this way and you find the ECU code is something minor. If it starts, runs and drives without any major "hard stop" warnings that's a very good sign. Keep us posted!
Everything is good so far!

Old 08-04-2020, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by avinator
The ecu light went off after a day while test driving it around the neighborhood. I think it cleared it self.
Awesome! It's time to play the lottery. Pick some numbers from the VIN, maybe the mileage, something like that.

Old 08-04-2020, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by avinator
The ecu light went off after a day while test driving it around the neighborhood. I think it cleared it self. I am very ecstatic and lucky to have it running again. The restraint control module i believe is the module that detects and control the seatbelts. It is located next to or just below the ac dc converter. It is a gray aluminum small box that is sealed. I also removed the seat belt apparatus mechanism and washed the dirty oily dark belt. So far is good. I just gotta clean the cabin floor before putting the carpet back in.
Congrats on getting it running. I would strongly suggest investing in an Ozone generator (under $100 on Amazon) to kill any mold spores that have or will develop.. Just be sure to let the vehicle air out thoroughly before getting in it.

Quick Reply: Flooded FEH LARGE pictures included. HELP

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands