Frequent unexpected ICE shutdowns on freeway

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 11:09 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Frequent unexpected ICE shutdowns on freeway

Originally Posted by TeeSter
Interesting that you use Varsity... I always used Palmer up in Chelsea and I'm kind of suprised you don't.
Tim,

I have had bad experiences with all of the dealers' service departments around here at one time or another, including both Palmer and Varsity. I don't trust any of them, unfortunately. I have not gone back to Palmer since an incident that occurred about 10 years ago. Maybe I should give them another try.

I have a great mechanic in a little shop in Ann Arbor who I use for all of my vehicles except the hybrid-specific components on the FEH. He's honest and reasonably priced.

I paid off this vehicle in May and have had repair expenses arise monthly ever since, each of which equaled or exceeded my monthly car payments that ended! I've had both front wheel bearings replaced (June), the front brakes done (July), the cooling pump and sensor wire (August), and now this problem.

Have you had good experience with Palmer on the FEH-specific issues?

Last edited by WJWID; 09-20-2008 at 11:31 PM.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:30 PM
Enthusiast

See the "'05 FEH Shutdowns" thread for a possible solution to this problem.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:45 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WJWID
Have you had good experience with Palmer on the FEH-specific issues?
So far its been very good. No complaints at all. There is one difficulty however in that I believe their hybrid tech was hired by Ford Motor company directly for something related to the hybrids. He still works at Palmer, but not every day. If you need a hybrid repair they have to schedule you for when he is available. I have, fortunately, only needed ONE hybrid repair and that was for the recall on the harness.

At this point I've gone to Briarwood a couple of times for standard repairs... I did just have the breaks done there. No problems SO FAR.