Front seat Headrests

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Enthusiast
Default Front seat Headrests

I am looking to put in new headrests with lcd's.

Does anyone know how the front headrests come off?

Has anyone tried any of the headrests with the lcd's?

What is the best size and brand?

We have had our 08 4x4 FEH for about a week.

Great Hybrid SUV.

Thanks.

Old 07-08-2007, 05:37 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Front seat Headrests

I looked into these, until I saw the price.

I found that VizuaLogic made them, and featured exact matching materials to the original headrests. For example, Medium Dark Pebble Leather, for a 2007, is P/N 75A-79073-6056.

Old 07-08-2007, 08:14 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

What is the price? Don't tease us!

Old 07-08-2007, 08:53 PM
Enthusiast

I've been down this road: Vizualogic DOES NOT currently have a headrest DVD for the 2008. Neither does Audiovox. We even asked the factory if we shipped the origional headrest to them, would they modify. The answer: no. They need to have an order for 50 before its worth their while.

Only Myron and Davis, and soon Invision, have something for the 2008. The M&D has a funny cover door at the top; the Invision is Ford Licensed, and is due out this month--they are working out some details on their wiring harness...

Old 07-09-2007, 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by gpsman1
What is the price? Don't tease us!
$1,700 uninstalled.

I could buy a lot of portable DVD players, with larger screens, for that much.

Old 07-09-2007, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by WaltPA
$1,700 uninstalled.

I could buy a lot of portable DVD players, with larger screens, for that much.

No kidding, I considered the headrest monitors myself but ending up going with a roof mounted flipdown DVD instead.

I bought a factory refurb Panasonic setup for $300 & it is awesome, I could not find anything even close in a headrest model.

~John

Old 07-10-2007, 10:52 AM
Enthusiast

It is some serious cash. I have a portable unit in my 02 Escape and HATE the cords. With no power point in the cargo, you need either 1st or second row--then you need a switch outlet to avoid plugging/unplugging. We evetually pulled the power point out of the housing in the 02....

Then there's the monitor cords...kids accidentally pull those out getting in/out of the car. And the overhead--well, if the thing doesn't rattle, the picture screen blocks visability and vibrates.

Why in the world Ford doesn't make headrest a factory-installed option is beyond me!

Old 07-10-2007, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by icebluemariner
And the overhead--well, if the thing doesn't rattle, the picture screen blocks visability and vibrates.

Mine does not rattle or vibrate at all, it certainly does block visibility to the rear somewhat however. Mine is a 10" screen, the smaller screen sizes do not block the view quite as much but I like the big screen & have a rear view camera (with LED's so it works on total darkness to 50') for when I need to see behind me......

~John

Old 07-11-2007, 10:54 AM

John, did you ever get an estimate to have lcd's added to your headrests by a local custom car audio shop? I'm thinking it HAS to be cheaper than $1700 right?

Old 07-11-2007, 11:17 AM
occ
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I got mine at Fry's. Installations and everything....a pair of 7". Cant remember price or model but seem to remember ~$1000 for everything. The sounds goes through radio frequency..works decent, not be best since radio interference sometimes makes buzzing noise. I'll take some pics and look for the receipts and post them tonight when I get home.

The frame sticks out just a tiny bit...I think I could have done a better installation myself and save $300...but no time...

Works great! Keeps the kids quite on long road trips. Once my 2yr old gets older and wants her own show, I might have to install a separate DVD...one for each screen. I dont like the flip down since it obstruct the rear view....and I know someday the kids will be fighting over what they want to watch.

What do you know: got a picture to post:

https://www.greenhybrid.com/share/fi...4/P9160110.JPG

Last edited by occ; 07-11-2007 at 11:35 AM. Reason: add pic link

Quick Reply: Front seat Headrests

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands