This guy should be banned from the road

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 03:57 PM
Default Re: This guy should be banned from the road

Originally Posted by Brady
Sure, sounds like fun. But if we end up in the same car I'm rolling down a window!

Details will be posted here somewhere?
I agree Brady! When Wayne was driving my FEH, I did notice my window creep up a little every once in awhile. After rolling them down a little, Wayne got the hint. It was nice weather outside, but there is a limit to everything!

GaryG

Old 03-14-2007, 05:44 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GaryG
Those that are expressing the BIG DANGER here must not drive the highway during rush hour because everone is tailgating, but that's not dangerous drafting according to some here.

GaryG
Oh no...The freeway during rush hour at high speed is a VERY dangerous place, even more dangerous than whats pictured. But you can't control what happens on the freeway during rush hour, you can only control the distance YOU leave between yourself and the vehicle in front of your.

Old 03-14-2007, 06:03 PM
Banned

Also consider the rush hour tailgater is often not all that alert or focused. They tailgate me closer than hypermilers do 18-wheelers.

May I ask why some are acting as if Wayne makes his work commute teathered to a big rig all the way? I doubt that's his typical commute.

Old 03-14-2007, 06:19 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Red face Re: This guy should be banned from the road

About three months ago....several months after joining the GH forum...I was on an Edmunds Acura MDX forum and this guy I had heard of from GH named Wayne Gerdes had posted to the MDX forum with a "...I can show you how get 30mpg or more...." in your MDX. I realized:

1) 99.99999% of MDX drivers do not care to hypermile
2) The post caused a flurry of emotional replys like, "you are nuts", "prove it",etc.
3) It made me think that Wayne did not have a good sense of boundries with his talent.

and lastly,

4) If Wayne is recruiting others to drive in this manner...where does it stop? A few dedicated hypermilers here and there can be tolerated by the masses. But if a significant number of converts started driving this way......our rules for driver courtesy, our roads, and our traffic laws were not designed to handle it. There would be some added danger (just what we need...another group of folks to look out for). Wayne, I applaud your creativity, not your evangelism.

Last edited by glennb; 03-14-2007 at 06:39 PM.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by glennb
A few dedicated hypermilers here and there can be tolerated by the masses. But if a significant number of converts started driving this way......our rules for driver courtesy, our roads, and our traffic laws were not designed to handle it.
I'm at a loss as to how the U.S. survived, then won WWII - lots of hypermiling when gas was rationed.

I content that driving courtsey has eroded over the decades as people pushed the accelerator and pay less attention to the road.

I really don't want to think about if Americans during WWII acted as entitled as they do today - gas rationing might have have put the US on the brink of civil unrest, to the delight of the Axis powers.

Old 03-14-2007, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by TeeSter
Oh no...The freeway during rush hour at high speed is a VERY dangerous place, even more dangerous than whats pictured. But you can't control what happens on the freeway during rush hour, you can only control the distance YOU leave between yourself and the vehicle in front of your.
That's why you are all wet here Tim. If you leave a distance that a vehicle can slide in, you are tailgating that person and the next and the next and the next guy. If you don't see it on the road every day during rush hour, your blind as a bat dude.

Wayne lives in the cold weather, but does he cry like a baby and report mileage I can get from my V8 Explorer that you can't get? No, I don't think he gets the same mileage you get in his HAH that is rated about the same.

Your mileage is **** poor, so what makes you have the right to say anything? Nothing, you have been posting BS and you produce BS. You don't draft, so you don't have a clue. Have you offerred anything for mileage help? No, that is out of your and your dads expertise who work for Ford.

Say out of the discussion unless you have experience. You and Tim K have no experience. Wayne and I have been here for years, and have paved the way for many. Mr Morton is a USE CAR saleman! he attacked Wayne Gerdes. What an idiot can do is besides me. Are you going to be next in line for the idiot of the boards? Ok, give me one more excuse to show what you know.

What a bunch of fools have posted against Wayne Gerdes! Go ahead and make my day once more!

GaryG

Old 03-14-2007, 07:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

Its obvious by the thoughts of most people here that its perfectly fine to drive dangerous as long as it is to get great fuel mileage.

I think I'm going to go beatup some rich kids, steal their money, and give it to some poor people. Its all good. It's for a good cause!

Old 03-14-2007, 07:23 PM
Banned
Default If So Many of Our Drivers Act Like They Are Royal - Are We American Anymore?

That was a really mature post - wvujeb.

GaryG, Thank you for letting us know who is sniping behind the rock.

Click http://www.ameshistoricalsociety.org.../rationing.htm , then go to the rubber and gas rationing part. Conserving rubber was the driver during World War II, but note the speed limit was 35mph and getting larger gas rations had to be justified. Carpooling was pushed. Today, suggesting driving under 60mph...we have heard the outcries here.

It was not called hypermiling back then, but it's a matter of time before it's found.

Last edited by Delta Flyer; 03-14-2007 at 07:31 PM.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by wvujeb
Its obvious by the thoughts of most people here that its perfectly fine to drive dangerous as long as it is to get great fuel mileage.

I think I'm going to go beatup some rich kids, steal their money, and give it to some poor people. Its all good. It's for a good cause!
You don't know anything. It's perfectly ok to drive like like GPSman1 which maybe you! Playing sock puppets is crazy John!

GaryG

Old 03-14-2007, 07:59 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GaryG
That's why you are all wet here Tim. If you leave a distance that a vehicle can slide in, you are tailgating that person and the next and the next and the next guy. If you don't see it on the road every day during rush hour, your blind as a bat dude. GaryG
Never said I would let them in.... if I was in that situation I'd drive the traffic and not let the guy in... essentially I'm being FORCED to do it.

Wayne wasn't forced to latch onto the back of the truck.... thats the difference, why the comparision fails, and my whole point in the first place.

I'm not against hypermiling as a whole.... I'm against that one photo. Thats not safe... and while if you do it rarely you are rarely unsafe... its still UNSAFE EACH and every time you actually DO it!

My Aunts a cop... if she saw him do that. He'd be getting a wreckless driving ticket. Doesn't mean he's unsafe all the time, doesn't mean he should be banned from the road, doesn't mean he's evil, just means that particular trick (no matter how skilled or carefully done) isn't very safe and some day if he does it enough it would catch up with him and I pray no one is around him at that time....

Oh and she'd also be writing up all the idiots speeding she could get to as well.....

The slow driving (above the minimum) the ridge riding... none of that bothered me.

Last edited by TeeSter; 03-14-2007 at 08:08 PM.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands