Heated Seats Auto Cut Off?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 06:27 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Heated Seats Auto Cut Off?

Originally Posted by kristian
If you want more heat, turn it off and turn it on again right away. This will keep the seat warmer than just leaving it on "auto".
Sadly turning it off and on does not work. Spoke to my Service Manager at my dealership. The car is going in tomorrow for evaluation.

Old 08-28-2008, 12:31 PM
Enthusiast

yes it is too hot to have them seats one

Old 08-28-2008, 02:28 PM
Enthusiast

Well got done at the dealership. They hooked the laptop up to it and checked it out. The seats are regulating. They will heat and cycle. So it must just be me and my body.

They also did a PCM update for me that supposedly fixes some issues with 'the throttle body and learning.' What that be considered what we call Fuel Trim?

While they were connected, I had them go search again for the DRL toggle in the computer. For reference it is located under modules and personality. I did not realize so much was based on laptop toggleable items. They can even turn off the seatbelt and airbag for the off. Way too much flexibility for a laptop.

Old 08-28-2008, 03:21 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Snoopyto
They also did a PCM update for me that supposedly fixes some issues with 'the throttle body and learning.' What that be considered what we call Fuel Trim?
Interesting... Post up if you notice any positive/negatives of this update regarding fuel economy or drivability.

I

Old 08-29-2008, 02:12 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Well got done at the dealership. They hooked the laptop up to it and checked it out. The seats are regulating. They will heat and cycle. So it must just be me and my body.

While they were connected, I had them go search again for the DRL toggle in the computer. For reference it is located under modules and personality. I did not realize so much was based on laptop toggleable items. They can even turn off the seatbelt and airbag for the off. Way too much flexibility for a laptop.
Just to confirm - the FEH has the capability of DRL? Is this for a 2008 or 2009? I would like to enable it, even though it takes a bit of juice to run.

BTW, it is not the laptop they are changing - they are changing software settings in the vehicle computer. It could be done with any computer, but of course a laptop is easier to get into the FEH!

Old 08-29-2008, 03:11 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stevedebi
Just to confirm - the FEH has the capability of DRL? Is this for a 2008 or 2009? I would like to enable it, even though it takes a bit of juice to run.

BTW, it is not the laptop they are changing - they are changing software settings in the vehicle computer. It could be done with any computer, but of course a laptop is easier to get into the FEH!
My vehicle is a 08 Job 1 model. I tried to have DRL done before at my OTHER dealership when I first got the car. This time, the tech took a little more time and let me look over his shoulder. There was a warning box pop-up when he went into the settings. I don't think he had gone 'that far before, Jim'. So he was curious too.

As far as the laptop, I realize they are just changing settings. So let me re-phrase, I want the software to modify my own settings.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:19 PM
Enthusiast

Sadly turning it off and on does not work. Spoke to my Service Manager at my dealership. The car is going in tomorrow for evaluation.
I have the same problem with my 08 MMH - the seats turn on once, and then they're done. Turning them off for a long time, then turning them back on, does nothing. They heat up once on a drive and that's it.

I reported it to the dealer, and they told me it matched what is in the manual (not true at all). These seats don't work right and they need to be adjusted; the ones in my Mercedes heat up over and over again, cutting off at a thermostat-controlled threshold but turning on again before too much time passes. The ones in the MMH don't, and they're not acceptable.

I'll take this up again with the dealer - and am glad to write somewhere at HQ if that helps get all of us satisfied.

Old 08-30-2008, 04:57 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

For what it's worth, I had my 08FEH in for the same problem(s).

First, if the outside temp was above a certain number ( I never figured out what temp exactly), the heaters would not turn on at all. (dealer said "normal operation")

Second, on cold days the seats would come on, get nice and hot, then stop getting hot and never heat up again during that drive. Seemed like once per drive if that makes sense.
(dealer said "normal operation).

We took the truck to the dealer and left it for the day with no changes.
It's a good thing Ford never sent out a "how did we do" form on that visit.

My wife reports that the sea heaters stay "hot" in the 09feh. She said " after driving this one, there was something definately wrong with the 08".
I haven't driven it enough to verify this yet.

Sean

Old 01-05-2009, 05:16 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

The driver seats in my '09 get so hot I have to turn them off after about 3 minutes. My passengers always leave them on for much longer, saying it feels good. (Must be that therapeutic thing.) I have no trouble turning it on again when the vehicle has cooled while running errands. FWIW, the temp here has been between +20 and -25F for the last month, much colder than usual. So much for global warming.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:59 PM
Enthusiast

Yep - sounds like the 09 has correct behavior, while the 08 models don't (at least the Job 1 ones).

I'd love it if they got too hot, or if they would turn on again after being turned off. They don't. Once per drive, and they're done.

I'll try (a third time) at the dealer next time I take it in for service; maybe they can drop in an 09 thermostat...

Quick Reply: Heated Seats Auto Cut Off?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands