How long is the wait for an '09 FEH?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 08:17 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: How long is the wait for an '09 FEH?

I just ordered my 2009 FEH LTD this last weekend and I was told 4 to 6 weeks..I cannot wait, that should put it right around labor day weekend.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:08 AM
Active Enthusiast
Location: New Jersey. Land of high auto insurance and pollution.

Originally Posted by Dalepm
I just ordered my 2009 FEH LTD this last weekend and I was told 4 to 6 weeks..I cannot wait, that should put it right around labor day weekend.

Hey Dale,

What dealership did you order through? I may want to place an order on the west coast and just drive cross country back home. 4 - 6 weeks is a whole lot better than 14 - 16 weeks here on the east coast.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:07 AM
Enthusiast

The Ford Store in Morgan Hill CA.. by the way the price is $500 over invoice.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:08 AM

Mine was shipped last Friday from Kansas City but many people that ordered before me haven't even got a VIN number. It's all a matter of finding an honest dealership with an allocated FEH/MMH. I would be very surprised if a dealer could get a FEH in 4-6 weeks the way there selling now. The MMH is moving the quickest because fewer people order those. Make sure you get a VIN as soon as possible so you can track your order at the Blue Oval Forum.

Be aware Ford is shipping 50 FEH a month to NY for Taxis also.

Good Luck

GaryG

Old 07-22-2008, 10:12 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GaryG
Mine was shipped last Friday from Kansas City but many people that ordered before me haven't even got a VIN number. It's all a matter of finding an honest dealership with an allocated FEH/MMH. I would be very surprised if a dealer could get a FEH in 4-6 weeks the way there selling now. The MMH is moving the quickest because fewer people order those. Make sure you get a VIN as soon as possible so you can track your order at the Blue Oval Forum.

Be aware Ford is shipping 50 FEH a month to NY for Taxis also.

Good Luck

GaryG
I hope the dealership is telling me the truth on the 4 to 6 weeks ..time will tell.

Old 07-23-2008, 11:50 AM
Enthusiast

I hope the dealership is telling me the truth on the 4 to 6 weeks ..time will tell.
If you're really getting it in 4-6 weeks you'll need a VIN this week since the plant is shutdown starting this Monday for the next 2 weeks. Then it has to fire back up and get it built and shipped to you. Not to burst any bubbles but it doesn't seem realistic to have an order in 4-6 weeks on a hybrid, still waiting on any information from my order on 5/13 and I was told not to expect it until November.

Old 07-23-2008, 12:26 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by prattman08
If you're really getting it in 4-6 weeks you'll need a VIN this week since the plant is shutdown starting this Monday for the next 2 weeks. Then it has to fire back up and get it built and shipped to you. Not to burst any bubbles but it doesn't seem realistic to have an order in 4-6 weeks on a hybrid, still waiting on any information from my order on 5/13 and I was told not to expect it until November.
Yes, I also do not believe in the 4-6 weeks the dealer is telling me so no bubble to burst. I am just glad that my order is in and I have a place in line, I hope.

Just curious, but where can someone find out about the 2 week plant shutdown?

I found this:

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascit...l?ana=from_rss

Last edited by Dalepm; 07-23-2008 at 12:35 PM.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:39 PM
Enthusiast

Ordered '09 FEH AWD in Minnesota 5/06 and car arrived today. Was built 7/12. VIN received approx 7 weeks after order. Dealer had one allocation and we made my order that allocation.

Old 07-24-2008, 08:01 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rilian
Ordered '09 FEH AWD in Minnesota 5/06 and car arrived today. Was built 7/12. VIN received approx 7 weeks after order. Dealer had one allocation and we made my order that allocation.

That is pretty consistent with me...got my VIN in 7 weeks and once built (tomorrow, 7/25) was told by my dealer to expect about 2 weeks for delivery. My dealer had an allocation...or rather the group they are a part of had 13 allocations for the region...and mine was the first in the group. Congrats.

Old 07-27-2008, 05:15 AM
Enthusiast

Rilian has his and GaryG's has been shipped. Seems someone else would have received theirs by now. Please confirm when the first few arrive. Course pictures would be great and location. 10E6 Thanks. Julian

Quick Reply: How long is the wait for an '09 FEH?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands