Hybrid Haters

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 08:38 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Hybrid Haters

Next time someone comes up that close, disengage the speed control and start coasting. They’ll get the hint.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:55 AM

I hope everyone realizes that if this weren't a hybrid site this poster would be criticized for not keeping up with traffic flow....

Not saying, by any means, that the tail-gaters were correct..

The situation I most commonly encounter is when I'm passing other traffic but apparently not quick enough for someone else. Seriously ride my rear bumper in that case and I apply the brake lightly, coastdown and pull right when space becomes available.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:14 AM
Imported from Detroit

I have seen where if slow moving vehicle wasn't in the fast, a accident wouldn't have happened. They weren't the direct cause but if they weren't driving slow in the fast lane, things wouldn't have happened as they did!

Old 10-19-2009, 12:47 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wwest
I hope everyone realizes that if this weren't a hybrid site this poster would be criticized for not keeping up with traffic flow....
Please quote me the law that says I must drive 75mph in a 65mph zone if all the rest of the traffic is driving that fast. "Keeping up with traffic flow" is a myth. When the cop pulls you over, and you say you were not speeding because everyone else on the freeway was driving that fast, you will still get a ticket. I was driving 55mph in a 65 zone. The lanes to my left were lightly travelled. There is no basis for criticism, hybrid or not.

RayP

Last edited by RayP; 10-19-2009 at 12:52 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:20 PM

"...quote me the law..."

Impeding the flow of traffic, maybe...??

There may, or may not be one, but you can be found at fault in case of an accident.

55 in a 65 zone...have you considered just staying, driving only on residental streets..??

Old 10-19-2009, 04:40 PM
Active Enthusiast

Folks wanting to exceed the limit - or not happy with my speed? Screw 'em. I'm not here to make them happy, and really don't care about their sex lives either. I suppose I should have empathy for their ignorance, but I don't...

Old 10-19-2009, 04:43 PM
Imported from Detroit

Originally Posted by RayP
Please quote me the law that says I must drive 75mph in a 65mph zone if all the rest of the traffic is driving that fast. "Keeping up with traffic flow" is a myth. When the cop pulls you over, and you say you were not speeding because everyone else on the freeway was driving that fast, you will still get a ticket. I was driving 55mph in a 65 zone. The lanes to my left were lightly travelled. There is no basis for criticism, hybrid or not.

RayP
Driving 55mph in a 65 zone on certain roads might be considered a hazard.

Old 10-19-2009, 04:57 PM
Active Enthusiast

It all goes back to what YOU consider reasonable. You say 55mph when everyone else is driving 65 or over is reasonable. What if some guy in scooter wanted to drive it on there and was going 35? Yeah sure there is a law that prohibits him from being there, but that's not the point. All that does is shift the idea of what is reasonable away from the individual onto some regulatory body. I think it is unreasonable to unnecessarily impede traffic when you do have a choice. If you don't want to drive that fast and are so worried about fuel mileage, then drive on the other roads where you'll get better economy anyway. JMHO.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:33 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wwest
"...quote me the law..."

Impeding the flow of traffic, maybe...??

There may, or may not be one, but you can be found at fault in case of an accident.

55 in a 65 zone...have you considered just staying, driving only on residental streets..??
Gosh, that's a great idea. 55 in a 25 zone. "Just going with the flow of traffic officer".

Old 10-19-2009, 09:36 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wptski
Driving 55mph in a 65 zone on certain roads might be considered a hazard.
Are you sure you are from Michigan and not Mars? What the hell are you talking about?

Quick Reply: Hybrid Haters

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands