Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   Incentives Now on the Ford Escape Hybrid/Mariner Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/incentives-now-ford-escape-hybrid-mariner-hybrid-4603/)

feinstei 11-16-2005 09:35 PM

Incentives Now on the Ford Escape Hybrid/Mariner Hybrid

From an article on the Detroit News website:

Ford is offering an incentive program on the Escape and Mariner Hybrids for the first time ever.

The Escape Hybrid will sell for $26,104, which is $1,411 less than its suggested retail price.

rsax 11-17-2005 06:45 AM

Re: Incentives Now on the Ford Escape Hybrid/Mariner Hybrid

Is there a rebate involved?

feinstei 11-17-2005 07:16 AM

Nope. Ford is basically using the same incentives as GM. They post a new "maximum price" that the customer would pay for the vehicle which is lower than the sticker price.

gkuzkin 11-21-2005 07:47 PM

Has anyone been able to confirm this with a dealer? I found the news article on Reuters, but when I tried my local dealer, he could not confirm it.

gk

nimhbug 11-21-2005 09:08 PM

i think all ford incentive programs are still at the discretion of the dealers (aka, if they want to be jerks they don't have to offer it), but it sure looks like ford is including the hybrids in on this one.

and yeah, well, since i already have my 2006 FEH (and i know others here do too), that kinda sucks. i would definitely love to have $1k+ back in my pocket.

VietVet'67 11-22-2005 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by feinstei
Nope. Ford is basically using the same incentives as GM. They post a new "maximum price" that the customer would pay for the vehicle which is lower than the sticker price.

I think this is basically the way they are doing it setting a 'Maximum Price' based on 'Cash Back' + 'Ford Credit Bonus Price' (this one only if you finance thru Ford). and then will go down from there. On the downside the FEH is not one that probably doesn't have any wiggle room - MSRP. Check out the 'Keep it Simple Pricing' on the Official Ford site for the plan and there is a big $0 beside '05 and '06 FEH.

Muhman 11-22-2005 01:38 PM

Makes me want to try and exercise my X plan on an '06 for my wife ! ;)

xcel 11-22-2005 07:12 PM

Hi Muhman:

___Just received an E-Mail from the CEO of our company (Exelon) this morning talking about Energy saving this winter. He also put in a promo for the 06 Ford Escape Hybrid w/ the 05 $2K deduction or the 06 ~ $2K tax credit. $3,000 off MSRP which is our X-Plan + the 06 tax incentives … Now if he would have kicked in another $2 or $3K on the company’s dime, I think I would have pulled the trigger this morning ;)

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

Hexzero 11-27-2005 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by feinstei
From an article on the Detroit News website:

Ford is offering an incentive program on the Escape and Mariner Hybrids for the first time ever.

The Escape Hybrid will sell for $26,104, which is $1,411 less than its suggested retail price.

Can you post the article. I am supposed go to in and pick up my MMH this week... Obviously I would like to recieve any incentives I can when walking in the door. I haven't actually purchased the vehicle yet. All i put down was a "deposit" :)

feinstei 11-28-2005 12:41 PM

First of all, you NEVER have to put down a "deposit" when you order a car. Ford Motor does not require one in order to build a car for a dealership.

Secondly, you simply need to search Ford's website for details on the "tag" sale which includes the Ford Escape Hybrid and the Mercury Mariner Hybrid. You can also search the Detroit News website for the article that my original posting referred to.

There's NO reason that the dealer should not extend the "sale" to you, even though you ordered the vehicle. If they try to weasel out of it, tell 'em that you're not interested, get your deposit back, and go find another dealer.

Fred E.
Detroit, MI