interior warranty

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 04:31 AM
Enthusiast
Default interior warranty

Hi,
I saw a post mentioning the carpet in the cargo area of their FEH sliding around and also becoming tangled in the latch. When I took mine in for its 5000 mile service, I mentioned this as a problem for me too. I got a call yesterday from the dealer telling me that Ford has approved new rear carpet for my car. The technician explained that these carpets are now under warranty because salesman pull it up so much to show the hybrid battery to potential buyers. It will be installed tomorrow, free of charge. If anyone has this experience, I think Ford will replace the carpet.

Anne

Old 12-15-2005, 09:42 AM
reformed speed demon
Default Re: interior warranty

Originally Posted by newgreenie
The technician explained that these carpets are now under warranty because salesman pull it up so much to show the hybrid battery to potential buyers. It will be installed tomorrow, free of charge. If anyone has this experience, I think Ford will replace the carpet.
good to know...my carpet looks like it's cut big on one side, and every time i show off the battery (a lot ) it's hard to get the darn thing to fit back in. i has gotten caught in the latch at least twice that i can think of.

Old 12-19-2005, 09:13 PM
4WD SUV Golf Cart Owner
Default Re: interior warranty

Hey thanks!!! I mentioned that the carpet keeps sliding around when I load my gear on another thread but no one mentioned this.

The dealer is always pulling up the carpet on these FEH to show off the battery. This habit did me wrong in the rear carpet stability department since I am always loading music gear in the back.

This resolves my major complaint with the vehicle. Awright!!! I will get up with the dealer when I get back from xmas vacation. My luck, @13K miles, I will be out of warranty.