iPod in 2006 Escape

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 07:14 PM
Enthusiast
Default iPod in 2006 Escape

Hi all,

My 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid arrives this week. It's the premium package with the Hybrid Energy/Navigation/Audiophile system. Has anyone used PIE or any other interface to jack an iPod into this particular model?

Thanks,
dp

Old 09-07-2005, 07:20 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: iPod in 2006 Escape

Yes, but the iPod connector replaces the 6-disc changer, so you'll lose that function until you plug it back in.

Old 09-07-2005, 09:14 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks!

So you've installed the PIE on your 2006 Hybrid? Which model PIE did you use?

Old 09-09-2005, 11:29 AM
Enthusiast

More specifically...

I just got a 2005 Escape Hybrid yesterday with the Premium package including NAV and 6-disc changer under the passenger seat. Is it correct that there are two PIE options to interface an iPod?

1. X3-FRDW (no radio control of iPod, basic aux in and switch between changer and iPod)
2. FRDW/PC-POD (radio control of iPod but disconnects CD changer)

Please let me know if I'm missing something and/or if other companies make other options.

Thanks!
dp

Old 10-11-2005, 07:38 PM
Enthusiast

I just bought my 2006 and it claims it is Sat and MP3 compatible. Do you know if this is true? Also, did you ever buy a PIE adaptor for the ipod and if so, how did it work out?

Old 10-11-2005, 09:11 PM
Early Adopter

Originally Posted by pesco
More specifically...

I just got a 2005 Escape Hybrid yesterday with the Premium package including NAV and 6-disc changer under the passenger seat. Is it correct that there are two PIE options to interface an iPod?

1. X3-FRDW (no radio control of iPod, basic aux in and switch between changer and iPod)
2. FRDW/PC-POD (radio control of iPod but disconnects CD changer)

Please let me know if I'm missing something and/or if other companies make other options.

Thanks!
dp
You've got it. There was one other product that was tried which plugged into the 20 pin connector on the back of the navigation radio, but it disconnects the CAN/ACP converter which means no energy flow, MPG or inertial guidance info can get to the NAV system.

Old 10-11-2005, 09:13 PM
Early Adopter

The PIE plugs into the CD changer end of the cable, so anything using that particular CD changer should work. I have it in my 2005 with the NAV radio which AFAICT is unchanged in 2006.

Originally Posted by pesco
Thanks!

So you've installed the PIE on your 2006 Hybrid? Which model PIE did you use?

Old 10-18-2005, 01:13 PM
Enthusiast

I just got off the phone with P.I.E. technical support. Apparently the FRDW/PC-POD iPod interface is NOT compatible with the new iPod Nano! Bad news for me, as I bought both the FEH and the Nano in the last few weeks. I had hoped Apple would maintain the same interface for the iPod Nano, but apparently not...

Old 04-20-2007, 10:58 AM
Enthusiast

Hello, I'm trying to get a good working iPod interface for a 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid with optional Nav system and 6 disk CD changer under the passenger seat. My local stereo shoppe installed an auxiliary interface yesterday, brand name Peripheral, and it worked and sounded great, except as alluded to above, it blanked out the car's Hybrid Motor Function and Miles per Gallon screens on the dash display. So we had that interface removed today.

The dealer is saying the PIE FRDW-PC/POD 2 will definitely not work because it also will strip the Miles per Gallon and Hybrid Motor Function information... yet some people here seem to like the PIE unit.

Can anyone tell me, is this the auxiliary audio input interface to get? Does it work well, charge the iPod, and do all the car's computer/radio/navigation features work as intended?

http://www.pie.net/store/index.cfm?a...ils&ItemID=232

Thank you. --wheeler

Old 04-20-2007, 11:02 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Check the sticky "master mp3/wiring thread" at the top of this forum section. There are several PIE options available depending on what type of controls you want. Also, they are supposed to be connected at the CD changer end not behind the headunit so you should not be losing your displays. I opted for the X3 because I wanted to interface my MP3 player and my Sirus radio.

Quick Reply: iPod in 2006 Escape

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands