Keypad entry?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 05:35 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Keypad entry?

Sometimes the default code is also hidden somewhere in the car too in case you forget it. On a '97 Explorer I had, the default code was on a label on the underside of the top of the compartment where the jack was stored in the back.

Old 06-23-2007, 09:43 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Got my keypad today. Unfortunatly I can't figure out how to program it. I tried following the directions in the box, but they stop at 2004 models (but it's the same from 01-04). I tried looking in the owners manual, but to program a remote it says follow the program key instructions, ok but I can't stick a keypad in the ignition.

So does anyone know how to get into the programming mode for a remote only for the 08's?

Old 06-23-2007, 07:58 PM
Prof. of Hybridology
Default Re: Program a new remote for 08

I don't recall exactly, but getting it on mine (2006) it was something like with all devices present, put the key in the ignition, flip it to acc 2, back to off, back to acc2, back to off, back to acc2, then hit lock with each device.

That's probably not it, but it's something similar to that. (It was 2 years ago!)

Old 06-24-2007, 06:14 PM
Active Enthusiast

Is it possible that the locking mechanism was changed in 2008 that made the earlier model keypads incompatible? That would explain why the dealer would not provide one. Has anyone seen a 2008 Escape (hybrid & non-hybrid) with one?

Cheers,

rcomeau

Old 06-24-2007, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by rcomeau
Is it possible that the locking mechanism was changed in 2008 that made the earlier model keypads incompatible? That would explain why the dealer would not provide one. Has anyone seen a 2008 Escape (hybrid & non-hybrid) with one?

Cheers,

rcomeau
sadly they are optional on the XLT, and standard on the Limited gas versions & the MMH. But I'm sure this a hardwired version, not a wireless like I purchased.

"Convenience Package: dual illuminated visors, compass, auto-dim rearview mirror, keyless entry keypad, message center, outside temperature display, overhead console"

Old 06-24-2007, 10:53 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rcomeau

Cheers,

rcomeau
I noticed that the Ford 'accessories' store (the factory store... not aftermarket stores) show it as an option for the '05 FEH, but not for other years. Maybe Ford stopped selling it after '05. I'm thinking most people are using aftermarket keypads (and it wouldn't at all surprise me if they were still made by the original supplier).

Old 07-07-2007, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by 08hybridok
Got my keypad today. Unfortunatly I can't figure out how to program it. I tried following the directions in the box, but they stop at 2004 models (but it's the same from 01-04). I tried looking in the owners manual, but to program a remote it says follow the program key instructions, ok but I can't stick a keypad in the ignition.

So does anyone know how to get into the programming mode for a remote only for the 08's?
Well I'm stupid, the priogramming mode is the same, just do the 8 on/off's very rapidly, I, like an idiot, left in in the on postion for like a second or so each time, so I took to long.
So now I have a keypad on my 08!

Old 07-07-2007, 05:31 PM
Enthusiast

Ordered a wireless kp from Ford $85.00.

Will have a 3 year warranty and should have in a week.

First dealership said not available.

Second dealership special ordered for me.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-21-2007, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Nward
Ordered a wireless kp from Ford $85.00.

Will have a 3 year warranty and should have in a week.

First dealership said not available.

Second dealership special ordered for me.

Hope this helps.
Does anyone have the Ford part number for this for the '08. Dealer parts guy is giving me the run around and saying that the one he sees says it's not compatible with the hybrid. I tried to tell him that others (here) have obviously gotten it to work.

Thanks in advance...

Old 12-21-2007, 02:24 PM

I put a keyless entry pad on my 05 Escape Hybrid via the "quick 8 on-off ignition key turns". I used a new but older 04 keyless entry pad that I found on e-bay at a cheap price.

Quick Reply: Keypad entry?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands