Keypad entry?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 06:47 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Keypad entry?

What a special price. I saw this today when looking for tire specials in My Ford:
$119.95 keyless entry keypad

No Keys? No Worries!

Includes limited warranty. Dealer installation recommended. Available for most Ford, Lincoln or Mercury vehicles. Taxes and installation extra. See Service Advisor for details and warranty information. Offer valid with coupon.
Expires: 03/16/08.
Only $120!

Old 02-23-2008, 10:30 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

I walked into a Colorado Ford dealer today to pick one up in person.
At first the price tag was $175! Doh!

Then I said, well, I can get one off the internet for $75. Should I get one from there or from you? The guy was quiet for a moment, then did some typing in the computer, and said... "Oh... I was going by the old stock number. Using the new stock number, it looks like these have come down a lot recently. Yeah... I can give it to you for $75."

He then said "We can program and install that for you, for $25."

I replied "Isn't it just double side tape?"
Him: "Yeah."
Me: "Don't you just program it like a 3rd key?"
Him: "Yeah."
Me: "I can do that. I'll take just the part please."

So I paid the man $75 ( +$4 tax ) and was out the door in two minutes.
Opening the box took longer than programming it.
I stuck it in the traditional spot.
I was in a hurry to test out my new toy, so I programmed it, and tested it right in the dealer's lot. Works fine.

Only after I got home did I take time to read the directions ( which were pretty short ). One line caught my attention though...

"Do not program within 50m of other keyless entry sytems that may be in use, or the other transmitters may get programmed to this vehicle."

Ops. -John

Old 02-24-2008, 10:13 AM
2008 FEH Owner

So I wonder whether the dealer would read that warning as well and move the car 'offsite' and program the device in the middle of a glof course or local airport runway!? Maybe that it what the $25 would buy you? I doubt it! Nice job!

Old 02-25-2008, 01:31 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RichB
So I wonder whether the dealer would read that warning as well and move the car 'offsite' and program the device in the middle of a glof course or local airport runway!? Maybe that it what the $25 would buy you? I doubt it! Nice job!
Nope, 'cause after I was to retarded to understand 8 cycles or whatever it is, I was turning it on... waiting for it to do it's test lights etc, then off, then on, anyway stopped by a dealer, the service manager did it in the driveway (on,off,on,off real fast BTW). So Nope, $25 doesn't get you that, but mine was free

Old 02-25-2008, 08:13 PM
Enthusiast

I bought mine on eBay for $43.90 shipped, programmed it using the directions in my 05 FEH without removing it from the plastic bag. Since it's been 25 below zero here in northern Minnesota lately, it's still sitting in its box here on my desk. But once it warms up, I'll stick it on the door and be ready to go.