Maintenance issues thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 06:44 PM
Enthusiast
Default Maintenance issues thread

I don't see a thread on this yet, so here goes, maybe we can all share our problems if any.

I have had problems with a squeaking noise coming out of passenger rear suspension area. Took it in the first time at 5K service and they told me the shock was bad and ordered one for me and replaced the shock, supposedly. Reason I say that is two months later, back comes the noise, just as bad as before. While it seemed improbable the shock would go bad again this fast, I took it back again and after checking out the noise, the serivce manager told me they diagnosed as coming from the bushing and chiasis this time. I am skeptical given that the exact same noise comes from two different problems. Will have to wait and see if it gets better after this.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Old 02-05-2006, 07:13 PM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: Maintenance issues thread

Originally Posted by Hawflake
I don't see a thread on this yet, so here goes, maybe we can all share our problems if any.

I have had problems with a squeaking noise coming out of passenger rear suspension area. Took it in the first time at 5K service and they told me the shock was bad and ordered one for me and replaced the shock, supposedly. Reason I say that is two months later, back comes the noise, just as bad as before. While it seemed improbable the shock would go bad again this fast, I took it back again and after checking out the noise, the serivce manager told me they diagnosed as coming from the bushing and chiasis this time. I am skeptical given that the exact same noise comes from two different problems. Will have to wait and see if it gets better after this.

Has anyone else had this problem?
Hi Chuck;

Sometimes it takes more than just one time to get a (Squeak/Rattle) corrected. I would give the dealer the opportunity to correct the noise and at this point not get to upset at the vehicle or the dealership. I bet they will come through and get you fixed up.

I do have a suggestion for you regarding this. When the Service Advisor calls you to come pick-up your vehicle that everything is repaired and the Squeak/Rattle is gone. Tell the Service Advisor you want the Service manager to go for a ride with you when you come to pick the vehicle up to confirm that the Squeak is gone. If the Squeak is still there you can help/assist in explaining to the Service Manager what you are Hearing while the two of you are in the vehicle.

HTH;

Terry

BTW; I work at a Dealer.

Old 02-05-2006, 07:15 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Maintenance issues thread

Are you aware of the squeaking brake issue? Check out...

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...06.html?page=1

Old 02-05-2006, 10:01 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by randykato
Are you aware of the squeaking brake issue? Check out...

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...06.html?page=1

Thanks, Yeah I read that, but my noise was most likely coming from the suspension somewhere, only occurs when driving on uneven surface and all...

Last edited by Hawflake; 02-05-2006 at 10:07 PM.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:47 PM
Enthusiast

My car squeaks if I have the parking brakes applied while in park. It's annoying, so I stopped using the parking brakes when in park.
Force of habit from my days of driving a manual transmission.

Old 03-30-2006, 10:27 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Problem with not using the parking brake is that the cable will seize up. Someday you'll be parking on a hill and you'll want to use the thing, you'll give it a pull and it'll snap and bang... no parking break at all. I've had them brake before.

"P" in a transmission just puts a small pin into the gears as I understand... its not really inteded to hold the vehicle still, especially not on a grade.

From what I've been told (my family is all in the car business) It shouldn't "eat up" your rotors or anything if its used regularly and if you don't set it right after the brakes have been heavily used. If the brakes are really hot when you set it you can warp the rotors, but otherwise its not likely.

Old 04-03-2006, 01:43 PM
Active Enthusiast

Anybody has trouble with fan/belt (accssory belt in today's lingo) noises on start up?

I get a bad noise on cold startup which the Dealer can't diagnose. I plan on video taping the startup and bringing it in to them.

Thanks

Chris Brown
05 FEH 32,500 miles

I'd great great mileage if the RAIN WOUlD JUST STOP FOR 5 MINUTES.