Mariner interiors

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 05:07 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Mariner interiors

Originally Posted by Tim K
According to my full-color brochure the Escape Hybrid has three possible interiors:

1. Medium/Dark Flint premium cloth (standard) - this is a lightish gray with gray and black checkerboard pattern.

2. Medium Flint Leather (available) - this is a lightish gray leather presumably what is pictured above.

3. Dark Flint premium leather with perforated inserts (standard on premium pkg) - this is a very dark gray leather, almost black.

Perhaps this is the cause of the confusion. There are TWO gray leathers available...a dark and light. Also, it appears that no matter which leather you get, part of the console, dash and door panels will also be black.
I have no black on my door panels... only the buttons. The only black on the dash is the center by the shift lever, near the insrument cluster and around the radio (and the buttons and such). However most of the dash is the gray seen in the kick panel in the photo.

Old 08-01-2006, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by TeeSter
I have no black on my door panels... only the buttons. The only black on the dash is the center by the shift lever, near the insrument cluster and around the radio (and the buttons and such). However most of the dash is the gray seen in the kick panel in the photo.
Not in the handles and surrounds? In the pictures that looks to be black as well.

Old 08-01-2006, 08:19 PM

I guess I included the door latch in with the buttons. It is black. but the armrest/handle and everything else (except the speaker pod in the window corner) is gray of some sort.

The interior is two tone with everything below the windows the gray in my picture and everything above the windows a much lighter grey. It sounds funky but I actually think it looks pretty sharp.

Old 08-01-2006, 08:36 PM

If the above doesn't look gray, you need to adjust your screen's brightness.

If it doesn't look gray to you in real life (this is a 2006 FEH FWD w/leather interior), your eyes may be dimming.

Mine's #3. I need to take more interior shots. This is the only one I have and was taken more to show "spacious new SUV" not "color of upholstery/interior."

Last edited by GeekGal; 08-03-2006 at 07:27 PM.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by Tim K
According to my full-color brochure the Escape Hybrid has three possible interiors:

1. Medium/Dark Flint premium cloth (standard) - this is a lightish gray with gray and black checkerboard pattern.

2. Medium Flint Leather (available) - this is a lightish gray leather presumably what is pictured above.

3. Dark Flint premium leather with perforated inserts (standard on premium pkg) - this is a very dark gray leather, almost black.

Perhaps this is the cause of the confusion. There are TWO gray leathers available...a dark and light. Also, it appears that no matter which leather you get, part of the console, dash and door panels will also be black.
Yep, and the pic I posted, was of #3.

There is a tread in another site's forums, and there someone who thought they were getting #2, got #3, and was both surprised and disappointed.

Old 08-03-2006, 07:17 PM
Enthusiast

Back to my original question...

Does anyone here know how I can contact someone at Mercury to make suggestions?... such as offering a different color interior than pebble / parchment /white.

Old 08-03-2006, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by kitsilano99
Back to my original question...

Does anyone here know how I can contact someone at Mercury to make suggestions?... such as offering a different color interior than pebble / parchment /white.
http://www.mercuryvehicles.com/help/contactus.asp

Old 08-03-2006, 09:53 PM

I'm pretty sure that for such a small run of vehicles they want to minimize the available options. I doubt they plan to offer many more choices in the future, though you would think a 2nd interior color would be a no-brainer. That said, I've grown used to my Pebble Interior. Its not that bad, besides, when you are sitting in there driving you aren't really looking anywhere but out the window anyway.

Old 08-03-2006, 11:25 PM
Enthusiast

Hey thanks GeekGal.
And TimK - yeah, you're probably right. I just need to sit in one awhile and get used to it.

Last edited by kitsilano99; 08-03-2006 at 11:27 PM.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by kitsilano99
You might want to write to Kim Irwin, Mercury Brand Manager. This way, you might get the right attention; more than possibly just someone at Customer Service.

I don't know for sure, but her email might be KIrwin@Ford.com.

However, I think the only other possible interior color is gray/flint/black, and that is the only color the FEH comes in. In other words, the fact that there is only two color choices in the FE/MM lineup, kind of supports that if the first Hybrid (FEH) has one of the two exclusively, then the second Hybrid (MMH) gets the other.