MMH Mud Flaps (Splash Guards)

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 05:36 AM
Feral Engineer
Default Re: MMH Mud Flaps (Splash Guards)

Correct - the OEM flaps use one existing screw to attach and require two additional push pin holes to be drilled. As I cautioned above, you need to carefully align the flaps before the holes are drilled - the one screw does not provide adequate alignment. The OEM flaps look like they came with the vehicle.

Old 04-25-2007, 04:46 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Thanks guys. I went to my local Ford dealer and bought them from stock. The price was only a little more than mailorder and I'll have them tomorrow.

BTW, I asked again while at the dealer about the cabin air filter, and they still can't get them for an '07. Unbelievable.

Old 04-28-2007, 05:53 PM

I got them installed today, took about 2 hours. The OEM ones definitely look like they came with the vehicle, but I don't know how effective they will be. They look small compared to the tire size, and they definitely are molded and not flaps. I drive on dirt roads and want something to minimize the dust blown up to the sides and underneath the vehicle.

Old 04-30-2007, 08:39 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by econoline
I got them installed today, took about 2 hours. The OEM ones definitely look like they came with the vehicle, but I don't know how effective they will be. They look small compared to the tire size, and they definitely are molded and not flaps.
I agree on your observations from my experience. The flat Ford/Merc flaps are larger and should be more effective than the molded ones which were probably designed for smaller tire sizes that non-hybrids have/had. To top it off, the flat ones are cheaper too!

Old 05-29-2007, 04:50 AM
Active Enthusiast

I installed mine over the weekend. Fronts were a snap but the rears took a while. I used a floor jack from the center and pulled both rear wheels. install took about an hour and a half. it took longer to jack and pull the rear wheels than the actual install. if i did it again, it would take about 45 minutes. They do look great, our FEH is black and now that they are installed it would look naked without them.

Old 05-29-2007, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by greenhybrider
Actually I am wondering what the difference is between the molded and flat version? Just aesthetics?
Just looks really.

I have a loaded 06 FEH that is black. It has the appearance package so it has the flared wheel wells & it is all shiny black.

I installed the Husky molded flaps because they look nice & are basically identical to the Ford ones, without the Ford logo.

The problem I am finding is, the flaps really aren't big enough to work really well. Mud splashes, stones flying up etc still get up the side of the body from under the flaps. Having the flaps on there is certainly better than NOT having them, but they are by no means perfect.

I am considering adding an extension of some kind to them, they really need to be closer to the ground & slightly wider to really be effective.

~John

Old 05-29-2007, 10:28 AM

Anybody found some for the 08 FEH yet that are molded?

Old 06-01-2007, 12:35 AM

Anyone have pics of the flat ones installed on an 08?

Old 06-01-2007, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by 08hybridok
Anybody found some for the 08 FEH yet that are molded?
I got mine ('07) from my local Ford dealer. They were available overnight, and cost only slightly more than on-line. If the dealer hasn't got them yet, it's unlikely anyone else will either.

Old 06-18-2007, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by econoline
I got them installed today, took about 2 hours. The OEM ones definitely look like they came with the vehicle, but I don't know how effective they will be. They look small compared to the tire size, and they definitely are molded and not flaps. I drive on dirt roads and want something to minimize the dust blown up to the sides and underneath the vehicle.
Okay, so I've had these (Ford molded splash guards) installed for nearly 2 months now, and find them pretty useless. Particularly the rears are just too small and set too far inboard to be effective. I drive a fair amount on dirt roads and find the the liftgate and rear window get completely covered in dust, to the point that I don't want to open the rear window.

Has anyone installed some "real" mud flaps of the proper size for the tires and found them to be effective with keeping the rear of the vehicle clean? I'm ready to junk the Ford molded splash guards, at least in the rear, and try some kind of bigger, possibly flat, flaps. I'm more concerned with performance than looks. Any suggestions?

Quick Reply: MMH Mud Flaps (Splash Guards)

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands