MMH price increase?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 06:50 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default MMH price increase?

I just got a call that the MMH I just ordered has a $1065 price increase from Ford Motor Co.
Anyone hear about this?

Old 11-27-2007, 12:49 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: MMH price increase?

Yes, they did the same to the FEH, although it was about $900 increase (on top of $250 earlier this year). As far as I can tell, it came along early October.

There are a few things you can do. If you have a signed purchase agreement *with no fine print* you should have price protection, moreso if you placed a deposit. If you have fine print that price increases can be passed to the customer they may or may not make you pay.

I ordered in mid August with mid November delivery and my purchase agreement had no fine print, so they honored original pricing.

Your mileage may vary, good luck.

Old 11-27-2007, 07:32 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I had price protection when I ordered back in May (delivery in late August). I think it may vary from dealer to dealer.

Knowing what I know now, I would demand price protection and will do so if/when I order another vehicle.

Old 11-27-2007, 04:00 PM

Yes, I noticed the FEH went up at least $600-900 after I purchased mine.

I would have assumed, obviously incorectly, that once ordered the price is guarunteed. I mean you buy something online, it has to be shipped, if the price changes you don't pay a difference. You order a computer, same thing, it has to be built, you get it for the price at the time, not what it is when it's ready to ship...

Guess one really needs to read all the fine print, not just sign stuff

Old 11-27-2007, 04:46 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

I was just at the dealer and looked at the MMH full color glossy brochure.
Did anyone else catch the major typo?

It says the hybrid comes with a "70 watt electric motor".

Wow.... 70 watts... that's almost as powerful as a toy R/C car!

( Should read "70 kilowatt electric motor". )

I wonder how many, if any sales people have caught that.

Old 11-28-2007, 06:06 AM

That's funny...

I just looked through the '08 Escape and Escape Hybrid glossy brochure and it has NO mention of the rating on the electric motor(s).

I doubt ANY sales person will catch this. The one's I've talked to barely know anything about their vehicles outside the big sellers. I bet every one of them can tell you the compression ratio on a Mustang or the payload rating on an F150 regardless of the model but ask them about the Atkinson cycle and you'll get nothing.

I think if I were a salesperson, I'd know all the little sales points on all the vehicles and the unique ones would be a welcomed change from the humdrum standard models.