to Mr. gray and the professional people here please help

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 07:03 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: to Mr. gray and the professional people here please help

IMO you should be checking out the common problems before opening up the battery pack.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:12 AM
Active Enthusiast

thanks for ur help guys, but ...

today ive went to the mechanic and ...... we opened the battery pack, and we didnt find anything to check !!!

the fans are not working thats a definite, because we take off the fans cover, and reconnect the battery and switch on the car, the battery was hot and the AC was running and the back cooling system were very cold, but the fans are not running

then we took off the battery cover and then i told hem to not to go further, because all of the parts inside the battery are closed and i didnt wish to see them,

anyway,
guys, the fans are not hannged or dusted and i rotate them by my self, but they are dead !!!

we checked the relays and even i changed the fuses with new ones - its ridiculous but i did it - and nothing done

guys, is there any sensore or anything inside or outside the battery controlling the fans ???????

Old 04-27-2010, 12:35 PM
Active Enthusiast

please people , answer me , im really confused

can u tell me ,the AC and the Fans working together when the temperature rise ?? or just using one system ???

Old 04-27-2010, 02:17 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sweidans

can u tell me ,the AC and the Fans working together when the temperature rise ?? or just using one system ???
Originally Posted by gpsman1
The fans do not run, or run very slowly when the car is not moving!
It is this way on purpose so you or back seat passengers do not hear the fans! The fans are variable speed and speed up as needed, when the vehicle speed increases.
The FEH has to be moving for the fans to spin up. If I sit in the back seat behind the driver in our FEH, I can hear the fan noise increase audibly above the road noise around 20 to 25MPH. I don't know if this happens when the battery pack is cool.

Old 04-27-2010, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by sweidans

Saleem, I tried to help you in all my post but you either did not understand my English or decided not to take my recommendations. I did not in any way want you or anyone else not qualified to open a 330V HV battery and attempt a repair without understanding what you are doing.

There is a big possibility your '05 FEH did not have the recall battery harness replaced and TBCM reprogrammed by qualified Ford Techs by the Ford deadline. If this caused the battery fans to stop working a new or used HV battery would be necessary at the expense of the owner. This would be a good reason to sell a FEH to someone outside the US and Canada.

Vary few people know that warning codes can be reset and the PCM can be programmed to turn OFF systems that are causing warning codes. This could have been done to hide HV battery problems in order to sell a FEH. It is possible (I don't do it) to shut-OFF and turn back ON certain hybrid functions with a Scangauge II or ford dealer computer. This can be done to increase short term MPG or even hide system problems.

Now that you did not understand what I was telling you and you open the battery case, using the Scangauge II to located the area of your problem for repair is even harder.

The answer to your question above is if the AUX A/C is ON, the blend door should be closed to outside air (filter also) and the fans should be working.

GrayG, I mean GaryG!

Old 04-28-2010, 02:52 AM
Active Enthusiast

i know what u were telling me, but im a kind of people that like to understand everything by my self after asking qualified people like u, i took ur recommendations in my consideration, and we were very carefull when we opened the battery,

ive checked the vehicle by computer and there was no error codes, and thats whats make me crazy, i dont know what to say, but

we didnt find any fuse, relay and thing inside the battery pack to change, and its sensors issue as i think and by that we didnt go any further,

so i dont know what to do>??? and i need ur help if i can check anything else that may control the fans !!!

and Mr.GaryG and sorry again for the mistake by ur name

Old 05-22-2010, 04:29 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gpsman1
The fans do not run, or run very slowly when the car is not moving!
It is this way on purpose so you or back seat passengers do not hear the fans! The fans are variable speed and speed up as needed, when the vehicle speed increases.

It is very UNlikely the fans are not working.
It is very possible the A/C cooling system is not working, and/or the air door for the battery is not working.

HTH,
-John

Name:  FEHBAC.gif
Views: 126
Size:  10.5 KB

Please select a corresponding number from the illustration below to view the details of that part.
1) Ac assy 2) Expansion valve 3) Cover
4) Filter 5) Inlet duct 6) Outlet duct Inner
7) Outlet duct Outer 8) Ac hose 9) Ac tube
10) Hose Upper 11) Hose Lower 12) Hose Middle
13) Sensor 14) Motor 15) Front pipe
16) Rear pipe

Old 07-01-2010, 05:52 PM
Enthusiast

On my FEH fans running only when temperature in battery compartment rises, it depends of charging time, so temperature sensor should activate fans, I doubt that fans failed try trace from source like temp sensors and switches.
Did You ask Hybrid Engineer advice at Dealership?