Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   new Scanguage software available (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/new-scanguage-software-available-15492/)

cngrevolution 09-29-2007 02:30 PM

Re: new Scanguage software available

Just so everybody knows if you search on priuschat.com they already have a group buy going on. I bought one with no tax no shipping for $149 out the door!!

arbie2 09-29-2007 04:04 PM

My original Scanguage does not recognize FEH Fuel Injector Shut-off during
ICE run-up, rendering it useless for mileage calculations on many routes I travel.
E.g., on one 18 mile downhill, my Scanguage erroneously reports only 30 mpg,
when, in fact, I getting well over 120 mpg!

Does the new Scanguage II software recognize Fuel Injector Shut-off during
ICE run-up? SPL proposed using OPEN/CLOSE LOOP for detecting Fuel
Injector Shut-off.

rb

DesertDog 09-29-2007 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by arbie2 (Post 145133)
My original Scanguage does not recognize FEH Fuel Injector Shut-off during
ICE run-up, rendering it useless for mileage calculations on many routes I travel.
E.g., on one 18 mile downhill, my Scanguage erroneously reports only 30 mpg,
when, in fact, I getting well over 120 mpg!

Does the new Scanguage II software recognize Fuel Injector Shut-off during
ICE run-up? SPL proposed using OPEN/CLOSE LOOP for detecting Fuel
Injector Shut-off.

rb

Ron has been working on this, but I don't know if it's solved yet. The open/closed loop by itself isn't sufficient. WOT acceleration is open loop, but you're burning a lot of gas. Mode $01, PID $03 actually contains more than just open/closed on most cars, but I don't know if the majority report the reason for open/closed like the FEH does. Also the FEH has a PID indicating fuel cut mode, but again Ron needs something to work for the vast majority of vehicles. I'll ask about it when I send him my FEH xgauge codes. I am actually a revision behind in my firmware, so maybe he'll upgrade mine to 3.15.

Billyk 09-29-2007 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by cngrevolution (Post 145120)
Just so everybody knows if you search on priuschat.com they already have a group buy going on. I bought one with no tax no shipping for $149 out the door!!

My only question on this deal is whether the unit contains the latest firmware/software?

08hybridok 09-30-2007 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Billyk (Post 145164)
My only question on this deal is whether the unit contains the latest firmware/software?

I thought the same thing... So I started skimming through the info message thread. on 9/16 this message was posted:

Hey there all -

First of all, Jeffk, I'm not sure why you haven't received our responses, but I hope you received my follow-up email this morning.

Just to update everyone - Linear Logic has run into some problems with the new codes in the updated ScanGaugeII for the Prius. They are finalizing some testing today and hope to have units on their way to me early next week. Once I receive them, we'll start shipping them ASAP.
So sounds like they are comming straight from SG. Maybe Alex, or someone, can post to the Prius board and find out for sure?

That same thread also had a couple of people complain that they ordered and didn't get it yet, after 2 weeks. That's when the above quote was responded. So I assume these people were ordering, SG was updading to the latest version and therfor has a lag in shipping times. But everyone knows what happens when we assume...

I think I'll wait a couple of days and see what we can find out here. Then better make sure the couch is cozy, 'cause after I get it the wife might be mad :angry: At least her dad taught me, buy first, explain later :D but on the other hand, she may like the new widget too, it's kinda coin toss, depends on the side of the bed thing ya know ;)

DesertDog 10-02-2007 09:19 PM

SO, has anybody gotten their "new" scangauges yet???

jmorton10 10-03-2007 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by DesertDog (Post 145456)
SO, has anybody gotten their "new" scangauges yet???

Nope

~John

08hybridok 10-03-2007 11:16 AM

Any news on a group buy/discount yet either? I'm tempted to order from Priuschat, but havn't learned yet if they are the newest version.

Ok, I'm impatient. I decided I wanted to have one by the weekend (hopefully) So I called SG. Jeremey (I think he said) took my call. He asked where I heard of SG? I said this site, and jokingly said that means 1/2 price right?! He said well, no, but I can sell it to you at $149.95. Sweet! So now the online price is $169.95 so I "saved" $20 :) He said it has the newest software which he said has the SOC in it. So hopefully it's so easy a caveman can do it, then maybe I'll have a chance of figuring it out?!

jmorton10 10-03-2007 12:59 PM

OK, my new SG came today but I still need the codes for the FEH SOC????

~John

jmorton10 10-03-2007 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by GaryG (Post 145098)
Remember, you can plug these SG11's together and monitor all the gauges you want at the same time.

That's a good idea Gary, do I need a special cable to daisy chain two SG's together??

~John