New from St. Louis

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 10:18 AM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up New from St. Louis

We just purchased a 2005 Ford escape Hybrid and we love it, but I am trying to find information on whether one can have a trailer hitch installed for a bike rack. the dealer states that the battery is in the way and the mechanics cannot install a hitch. Is this really true even for non-towing? Also, why does ford then give towing capacity for the Escape Hybrid?
That is all for now but I am excited to learn more about Hybrids.

Old 05-24-2005, 12:49 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New from St. Louis

first, congrats and welcome to the club.

but you're joking right? did you even look at the forum (like the thread that's basically been at the top for the past week or so)?

Old 05-24-2005, 12:56 PM
Contributor ($)

ironveg,
Welome aboard! Randykato is correct that there has been recent discussion on this topic. Just mosey on over to the Ford Escape section of the Discuss section and you are sure to find it. :-)

Old 05-24-2005, 01:26 PM
Enthusiast

Sorry about that as I too quick to register that as soon as I was done I realized that this was already a topic of discussion and have solved the problem.
Thanks

Old 05-25-2005, 11:23 AM
Active Enthusiast

However, take a look at what I learned today. I started a new thread on the topic. I will say that I had a Subaru Legacy that I towed a Jon boat with and after 69K miles I needed to put a new transmission in it, which really hurt. It prompted me to get the Escape. I too plan to use the hitch for a 4-bike rack, but I do still have that Jon boat and I really don't want to buy a transmission for the Ford as well.

Old 05-25-2005, 11:25 AM
Active Enthusiast

Also, I used to live near Forest Park and my brother still lives near St. Louis. Be careful of those Hoosier drivers that come over for a little taste of the big city life.