Pricing on new 2008 MMH and also review please

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 02:29 PM
N/A
Default Re: Pricing on new 2008 MMH and also review please

That's true, it happened to a friend I work with. Dealer quoted a lower-than-X Plan price then added $800 in fees. She figured it out, reported it to Ford and they mailed her a check and an apology. Hopefully that does not happen much any more.

In my case, MSRP 30375, Invoice Total 28659, X Plan 28620.

Transaction price was 28200. Holdback box shows 892 so I guess they just took less holdback to move a unit. It's still a heck of a lot of money but I'm really happy with the deal.

Old 04-16-2007, 03:12 PM
Radioactive Enthusiast

Sorry to digress - albiet slightly - from the 08 FEH/MMH discussion:

I am planning to order my 08 FEH sometime in the next few weeks, and hopefully as soon as I get back from a trip later this week. I have read a lot about people getting "x-plan" financing. I thought I knew what that was - a special pricing and/or finance option for Ford employees. But given the number of people posting about x-plan deals, I have to wonder: do I have my facts straight? And regardless, is x-plan pricing available to anyone? How would someone go about getting such a deal? I would be happy to discuss off-list if people prefer. Thanks!

Old 04-16-2007, 03:19 PM
Active Enthusiast

X-plan refers to special pricing that certian "partner compaines" have with ford. its not available to just anyone. You should check with whatever company you work for and they might have a deal with ford in some way or another and you might be able to get the x-plan.

Old 04-16-2007, 03:57 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AMB4
I have read a lot about people getting "x-plan" financing. I thought I knew what that was - a special pricing and/or finance option for Ford employees. But given the number of people posting about x-plan deals, I have to wonder: do I have my facts straight? And regardless, is x-plan pricing available to anyone? How would someone go about getting such a deal? I would be happy to discuss off-list if people prefer. Thanks!
Ford has several different discount plans. A-plan is for active employees. Z-plan is for retired employees. D-plan is for dealers (their own use).

And X-plan is really the "miscellaneous" discount plan.

Employees of Ford's suppliers, and Ford's largest customers (fleets) are usually eligible for X-plan. So are facility, staff, and students of some of Ford's "favorite" colleges and universities.

And friends and family of Ford employees are eligible too. This is done in an attempt to get Ford employees out and "selling" Ford vehicles. Just about anyone can be a "friend" of any Ford employee. There are even websites which are kind-of match-makers between people wanting to get an X-plan, and Ford employees looking to make the "sale".

There are no special financing options, other than those given any other Ford customer. It is just a pre-set, fixed, price. The X-plan prices tend to be around invoice, and as I mention, are strictly fixed by Ford; no hidden charges or fees are permitted, period.

Yea, it is true that if you are good "horse trader", you could negotiated just as good, or even slightly better, deal. However, with X-plan, you don't have to barter, and some people find that a comfort.

Last edited by WaltPA; 04-16-2007 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Adding link
Old 04-16-2007, 07:05 PM
N/A

Originally Posted by cngrevolution
X-plan refers to special pricing that certian "partner compaines" have with ford. its not available to just anyone. You should check with whatever company you work for and they might have a deal with ford in some way or another and you might be able to get the x-plan.
Great advice! If you don't work for Ford itself but are X Plan-eligible, it's the way to go. On most MMH or FEH vehicles it's just below invoice. Plus, you are exempt from added dealer fees. In my area those fees are $300-$500.

Check family and friends for sponsorship if you don't qualify personally. It's really easy.

Do be careful if you're trading. X Plan is not a good money maker for your dealer and they rarely offer a good trade-in value against X Plan pricing.

Old 04-16-2007, 07:16 PM
Radioactive Enthusiast

Thanks for all the great info everybody! I did some research and - sure enough - my University has a deal that allows me to access the fordpartner.com website and input my info to generate a PIN! I really appreciate the heads' up! Sorry for the diversion from the 08 MMH discussion.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

Old 05-15-2007, 10:04 AM
Enthusiast

Is there somewhere you can find the xplan price of a vehicle with options? Or do I just have to post it on that Blue Oval forum and someone answers me?

Edit: Someone did post that if you take Edmunds Invoice (with options), subtract 4%, and add $75 you come pretty close to x-plan.

Last edited by johnnymack; 05-15-2007 at 10:19 AM.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:30 PM
N/A

I think that estimate would be a number nearer to A-Plan than to X-Plan.

If you're X-Plan eligible, go to fordpartner dot com and put your partner code in the box and hit "submit. Select "Vehicles & Pricing" then "Escape Hybrid".

Search dealer inventory from there and prices will be displayed as MRSP, invoice and X-Plan. No need to guess. They even deduct incentives if they are available.

If you plan to order, just keep searching different ZIPs until you find a unit that's close, and use that price.