Pricing on new 2008 MMH and also review please

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 08:16 AM
2007 Barcelona Red Camry
Question Pricing on new 2008 MMH and also review please

I'm thinking of trading in my 2007 TCH fully loaded for a 2008 MMH. I need more room. What kind of Pricing are the fully loaded MMH going for? Also if anyone has one or test drove one, could you give some feedback on drive, comfort, acceleration, quietness of cabin, etc....? Thanks

Ric

Old 04-10-2007, 11:24 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Pricing on new 2008 MMH and also review please

We have about 1300 miles on our MMH and absolutely love it. The ride is quiet and comfortable. The acceleration is pretty good (only .1 seconds slower then our old mountaineer). Mercury has done an excellent job with cabin noise this year, it's definately a far cry from where it used to be.

The Electric mode is easy to get into and easy to stay in.

We're averaging about 30 -32 mpg on our MMH (usually have 2 adults and one child in it).

There are no incentives that I know of on the 08's yet. We got ours for Xplan pricing so we paid a little less then invoice. I know that for the most part they're going for usually between 500 - 1000 below msrp right now in my neck of the woods. Fully loaded is around 32k.

My wife was afraid she would miss her old mountaineer but she absolutely loves the Mariner.

Jayson

Old 04-10-2007, 01:29 PM
Active Enthusiast

I love my MMH as well. I was getting 32 mpg until the temps dropped back down into the 30s and I made several trips through the mountains on the interstate, but I am still getting 30 mpg. The ride is quiet and very comfortable. My family was checking it out this weekend while we were home for Easter and they really liked it. I got mine for x-plan but I think I probably took a small hit on my trade-in because of it. My MMH is FWD w/ premium package and the AC outlet.

Old 04-15-2007, 05:47 PM
Active Enthusiast

well my wife and I just this weekend bought 2 08' FEH's and we are in heaven! we don't have much time in them but we could not be happier so far! we also got ours for xplan and I got mine loaded with every option and it was about $28,700 w/xplan.

Old 04-16-2007, 04:47 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cngrevolution
... and I got mine loaded with every option and it was about $28,700 w/xplan.
Wow, that is a really good deal.

Loaded with every option is about $30,500 invoice, and $33,000 sticker.

Old 04-16-2007, 05:39 AM
Active Enthusiast

yeah thanks! We are so happy. I think we did well. I am on pins and needles because they are sending mine up from austin so i hope i get it today or maybe tomorrow! We have been running all over this weekend in the wife's and its been great!

Old 04-16-2007, 08:57 AM
N/A

This would be a FWD not a 4WD, correct?

Not that it matters much, but I couldn't help but notice an XPlan of $28700 indicates a sticker of around $30500, which would be a fully loaded FWD. A fully loaded 4WD (defining "fully loaded" as "including navigation") would be about $33000 sticker and XPlan on that is a little over $30000.

Old 04-16-2007, 09:03 AM
Active Enthusiast

Yes, both of ours are FWD. I will tell you that the sticker price will vary from dealer to dealer based on there standing with Ford. meaning how big the dealer is/ how much they sell etc.. The price for the one i'm getting is actually cheaper by about $200 than one that they were going to get from a houston dealer. when we were at the our dealer they showed me the invoices from both cars and the one they found in austin had everything and was cheaper. weird but I guess thats how it works.

Old 04-16-2007, 09:19 AM
N/A

Wow - That is interesting. The invoice for my 2008 4WD FEH varies slightly vs. numbers from internet sites vs. numbers from another dealer's invoice. Now I know why that's the case.

Some good news: Dealers will sometimes sell for below X plan. X-Plan was $28650 on mine, and I made an offer in early-February of $28200. They said "No, X-Plan is non-negotiable". They'd just gotten the car on the lot, it was their first FEH and I don't blame them.

But they called back a couple weeks later. It was still there (plus it's green) and they had 3 more on the way. They agreed to my numbers.

If only I'd waited six more weeks...Then I could have gotten the $500 rebate, too!!

Old 04-16-2007, 12:39 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mtberman

Some good news: Dealers will sometimes sell for below X plan. X-Plan was $28650 on mine, and I made an offer in early-February of $28200. They said "No, X-Plan is non-negotiable". They'd just gotten the car on the lot, it was their first FEH and I don't blame them.
Just to mention, the x-plan being fixed, and non-negotiable, can also work to one's favor. With X-plan purchases, dealers are strictly forbidden from adding anything like advertising fees or documentation fees. It is x-plan plus tax plus actual registration fees. Nothing else.

I don't know about your case, and I hope this isn't it, but dealers will quote a price less-than-xplan price, and then pad that price back up with various "required" fees.

Quick Reply: Pricing on new 2008 MMH and also review please

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands