Purolator Oil Filter

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 07:06 PM
Early Adopter
Default Re: Purolator Oil Filter

Originally Posted by nitramjr
Bored engineer home alone on a rainy Tuesday night. It was either do that or drink heavily.....
OK that looks just like the one I bought. You'll find similar photos if you visit the "other place" where FEH folks hang out.

Another option is the Mazda filter (same thing used in the Mazda 6i). There's an online source for that which is reasonable provided you order multiple units (shipping is too much for one). Mazda includes the o-rings.

I'm surprised the PureOne isn't closer to the OEM as for their regular spin-on filters the Ford part is basically a PureOne element inside a regular Purolator can...

Old 11-21-2005, 02:26 PM
Active Enthusiast

I got a Puralator and a PureOne from the Advance near me. the Puralaor looks very close to the OEM filter however, there is quite a difference in the PureOne. The PureOne filter medium is the first thing you notice because its blue. The filters have the same overall length, the Puralator has thicker felt rings and shorter filter medium and the PureOne has thicker filter medium and thinner felt. The diameter of the PureOne is smaller then that of the OEM or Puralator. I will take some more detailed measurements to post later.

Old 11-21-2005, 04:02 PM
Early Adopter

Very interesting. I'd be interested in seeing a picture if you can post.

Browsing around the other day I saw a reference to an FL-1017B (as opposed to 1017A that has been listed as the Motorcraft application in the past). Now I can't find it of course. Anyone know what the difference is?

Originally Posted by mppkll
I got a Puralator and a PureOne from the Advance near me. the Puralaor looks very close to the OEM filter however, there is quite a difference in the PureOne. The PureOne filter medium is the first thing you notice because its blue. The filters have the same overall length, the Puralator has thicker felt rings and shorter filter medium and the PureOne has thicker filter medium and thinner felt. The diameter of the PureOne is smaller then that of the OEM or Puralator. I will take some more detailed measurements to post later.

Old 11-21-2005, 05:05 PM
OT7
Enthusiast

Engineer at Dearborn MI said Filter will include O-rings.
FL-1017B may be the new part number.

Old 11-21-2005, 05:52 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Was at Autozone today picking up a case of oil and for the heck of it looked at the oil filters. They carry STP, Bosch and Fram generally.

The STP book listed an oil filter for the FEH - I think it was P960. Anyone seen one yet? Of course AZ doesn't stock it.

The quest continues.......

Old 11-23-2005, 02:59 PM
OT7
Enthusiast

Correction on motorcraft Part Numbers
FL-1017A is FL-2017A ,FL1017B is FL-2017B
Hope FL-2017B includes (2) O-Rings

Old 11-23-2005, 04:08 PM
Early Adopter

Thanks for catching that.

Old 11-30-2005, 01:27 PM
Active Enthusiast

Stevewa, I will try to post pics of the two filters on Thursday

Old 11-30-2005, 03:46 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have posted comparison photos of the Puralator and PureOne filters in the share section under the FEH.

Old 11-30-2005, 05:16 PM
Early Adopter

Very interesting. This makes me wonder if in fact someone else is making the filters for Motorcraft as the PureOne (as with the Premium Plus) look considerably different than the Motorcraft filter.

Ford's other filter supplier, Wix, has a different yet design. Will the real manufacturer of the FEH oil filter please stand up?

Quick Reply: Purolator Oil Filter

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands