Question about FEH Sirius Radio

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 06:53 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Question about FEH Sirius Radio

Originally Posted by kristian
I don't think I have this problem. I spend 95% of the time in the hybrid screen, but every time I hit media, I get the artist and song title--regardless if I have gone through a tunnel, or if my wife has changed the station.

Do you have the Nav unit?
Kristian -> No, I don't have the NAV unit, and after reading the other posts, that does seem to make a difference

It was interesting to read why people have decided to continue their subscriptions. Absence of commercials seems to be high on the list.

I don't have any major concerns with the SIRIUS and XM merger, honoring the agreements, but I'm still a bit of a skeptic, and will probably wait to see how all that pans out. Happy listening to all.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:17 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I do not have the NAV and have to hit Text every time, it's annoying, but donesn't bother me that much now, since I also don't have steering wheel controls I have to actually reach over to the radio anyway

I did decided to call Sirius and convert to a lifetime and got the $100 off, so it was like $3 or $400 can't remember now. I told myself when I got it, there would be now way I'd pay for radio, I only drive 15min each way to/from work (so does the wife), but in 2 months I did it!

I'm thinking of getting a cheap head unit for my 65 Falcon with HD tuner it it now, supposed to have some sub stations that like Sirius are commercial free, and I have found a couple units for about $100, just need to figure out how to get an IR remote to work through a steel glovebox! But for now I just run the kid's mp3 players through a cheap headphone line amp to the existing speakers.

Old 03-10-2008, 12:48 PM
Active Enthusiast

[quote=08hybridok;164159] just need to figure out how to get an IR remote to work through a steel glovebox! quote]

PAC makes a IR repeater type unit that should work for this, I'd have to check the part number to be sure....you'd put the eye in the dash and sending unit in the glovebox...head unit would have no idea it was in a steel glovebox....or use a wired remote unit from someone like Clarion...I use them in hotrods...stick the HU whever you want (hidden, no HU fits in with an older car's dash) and use the wired remote for all functions...I like the Clarions (look at the marine wired remotes) as they come with a polished aluminum trim ring...looks great in an older cars dash or console.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:40 AM
Enthusiast

I would really like to know if anyone has an answer to the original posters question.

So this is interesting. My husband and I both have the exact same 2009 Escape. I hit the text button the first time and now mine defaults to Artist and Song and his does not. Everytime he chagnes the station or turns the car off, we have to hit the text button again. There must be some setting that can be changed but I haven't been able to find it. Neither of us have Nav.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:45 AM
Active Enthusiast

Mine does the same as you husbands, text only works until I turn the channel or turn the car off...I can't find the setting either...if anyone knows how to keep it on text I'd also like to know

Old 10-08-2009, 07:49 AM
Active Enthusiast

Original poster here! I have yet to figure it out. There's hope for me yet if one of Terry S's radios works like we'd like it to.

Old 10-10-2009, 04:27 PM
Active Enthusiast

Mine stays in text mode all the time. My wife's acted like yours but I tinkered with it a little and now it's in text all the time as well. I hate to surmise what I did but I think it goes to a temporary mode on first pressing text, then if you push it again it goes back to station mode, then text again and maybe it is permanent? That's what I did on my wife's and now it's always in text mode. But you may need to experiment...

RayP

Old 10-12-2009, 03:49 PM
Active Enthusiast

A bit of a 'side question', if I may : We have two hybrids now....my '08 FEH, plus my wife's new Fusion hybrid. Her Fusion cam with Sirius radio, which we love. Both vehicles have NAV. Is there an economical way to add Sirius to my '08, which didn't come with that option ? I sure wouldn't look forward to replacing the entire Nav unit just to get that. Hoping there's a reasonably-priced 'add-on' option ?

Cheers,
Gary

Old 10-13-2009, 04:47 AM
Active Enthusiast

Yes. You can install any plug and play unit Sirius offers. I have had one of these in my other vehicle for many years. You also have the option to take it out of the car and use it at home or at work. All you need to do is install the unit (very easy to do) and an antenna which if you take your time to do and do it correctly can be done in a very inconspicuous manner.

http://www.sirius.com/servlet/Conten...=1066857398016

Old 10-13-2009, 07:50 AM
Enthusiast

In response to the "side question:" you can actually buy the OEM satellite receiver that Ford uses, it's made by Visteon (if i remember correctly). I bought a 2008 MMH with NAV but no satellite. I contacted a local Visteon installer who works on the factory head units for the local dealers. They installed an OEM unit, which can be operated from the touch screen on the NAV display just like a factory installed unit. I don't know whrere they actually instaled the receiver- no where that I can see. The antenna is not in the roof "bubble" but is back behind the roof rack and is not noticeable. It's pricey-- about $400 installed -- but looks and operates like OEM, and you don't have to replace the head unit/NAV.

Quick Reply: Question about FEH Sirius Radio

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands