Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 02:06 PM
Site Founder
Default Re: Questions for Ford?

Take any pictures?

Old 04-27-2005, 08:12 PM
Active Enthusiast

Darn It! I had my camera ready but when the valet came to take my car I had to make a choice between the notes I had and a place for my camera. I chose my notes with numerous questions I had solicited from GH posters and other website posters.

As it turned out the only photos worth taking were of the 2006 Escape Hybrid which looks exactly like the 2005, except for the Moonroof, and a photo of Rickie Lee Jones. I think my words will be worth more in the next few days than any photos I could have taken.

Mike

Old 04-29-2005, 12:21 AM
Enthusiast

So Mike, when can we expect your notes from your talks? I'm about to buy a FEH on Tuesday (my first car!) and am just drinking up any info before I drop down the cash.

waiting with anticipation....
-John

Old 04-29-2005, 06:08 PM
Active Enthusiast

Congrats. I will do my best. I think any photos I might have gotten would not help. From the outside the 2006 (and probably the 2007 will look all the same). I think Ford is following what Toyota has done in not changing a winner. Over time this will build a great used car market and a higher resale value.

If I were you... If I did not care about the new Premium Package with heated seats, heated mirrors, and the other little changes (I can send you an ordering guide if you want) or the moonroof, I would try to get one of the few 2005s left out there. The base price has gone up a little and you will not get delivery of your 2006 until late June or early July. Because it is a 2006 your plates will cost more and insurance will cost more for another year. Unless the government moves on the tax deductions this is your last chance for a $2,000 deduction. There is an incresing chance our President will be able to get us either a $2500 deduction or even better a credit in the future.

There does not seem to be bugs at this point from 2005. There have been a very few rear battery cooling problems and maybe a software update but with 10,000 on the road this is very minor for a first year model. The warranty will back us up until the product is proven.

I would say no matter whether you pick a 2005 or 2006 you should be quick to try to get one of the 10,000 units available until August 2005. After that the Mariner is coming out and will sap parts that have been available for our FEH.

I would encourage you to buy now but not pay a premium (shop around and drive a distance if need be). Be prepared to change your driving habits if you want hyper-mileage. If your trips are less than 10 miles your will not see superior mileage.

Correspond with me if you need more info. My email addie is available.

Mike