Rear ended (lightly)

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 12:02 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Rear ended (lightly)

So today my wife was rearended at a stop light my an old crown vic. She said she could feel it hit, and the woman back up. No injuries! They get out, look & see it's scratched up; so she gets back in to clear the intersection, pulls accross into the parking lot across the street. The old woman just drive by! Luckily I was meeting them there, and we went to the praking lot the woman went to & got all her insurance info.

So after the rush has passed, I'm looking at it closely (first thought was my battery!!! ) It does appear to be only cosmetic; scratches on the plastic bumper, and I didn't even know there wasn't even metal behind it.

So, should I have it checked out just to be 100% sure?
Do I make her file an insurance claim? (oledr woman; borrowed car; from a dirrerent part of the state (about 1-1.5hrs away); assuming like most of us doesn't have money to spare.
Do I just get an estimate to have the bumper touched up/sprayed?

Or Do I just drop it (alto this is her FIRST blemish!)

What do y'all think?

Thanks
Bryan