Sale on Scangauge II

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 10:23 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Sale on Scangauge II

Originally Posted by Billyk
I have version 3.14 I use for trip (fuel) efficiency and I have version 3.15# that I use for vehicle infomation. Mine does read SOC correctly and I have an AWD (2005) as you do. Is there a difference between the 2005 and 2007 models?
Bill, yours is the 3.15*, right? I thought we had narrowed this down to the "*" version as being the problem, but I forgot that you have a 3.15* that does read SoC. I don't know what to make of that.

I should have my new one from Amazon this week and I'll try it out for SoC and report back. I may keep the old one or sell it to a non-FEH driver.

How did you mount your two units so they don't interfere with viewing the dash instruments? Thanks.

Old 03-24-2008, 07:11 PM

[quote=econoline;166017]Bill, yours is the 3.15*, right? I thought we had narrowed this down to the "*" version as being the problem, but I forgot that you have a 3.15* that does read SoC. I don't know what to make of that.

I should have my new one from Amazon this week and I'll try it out for SoC and report back. I may keep the old one or sell it to a non-FEH driver.

How did you mount your two units so they don't interfere with viewing the dash instruments? Thanks.[/quote]

I have both of mine on the dash above the radio location. I use a sticky pad on the dash, the velcro and scan guages and use a computer "bean" wrist bag to keep the scan guages upgright.

Gpsman1 puts his two scan guages next to the driver's side A-Pillar. There may be a photo of it in the photo section here.

Old 03-26-2008, 07:33 PM
Enthusiast

Scangauge II arrived today from Amazon.
Confirmed version 3.15

No * or # on the display.

I haven't taken delivery of my FEH yet so can't comment on all abilities.

Old 03-27-2008, 06:54 AM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert
Exclamation Re: Sale on Scangauge II

Did anyone ever find any advantages of the 3.15* version?

I don't know for sure, but I think ( from DesertDog ) that if you order from Linear-Logic directly they are out of the 3.15. ( maybe they made more retrospectively? )

Anyhow, if Amazon has some "old stock" on the shelf, this could be good in this case. In this case, I will order one for my newest hybrid from Amazon. Does Honda have any glitch with 3.15*? Probably not. But I want the ability to stack both of them in my Ford when I drive it.

Thanks for the update.
-John

Old 03-27-2008, 09:42 AM
Active Enthusiast

If I remember correctly, 3.15* was on SGII's with the older processor that were sent in to Linear-Logic to get the XGauge upgrade. I purchased my second one a month or so ago which came from them, and it was 3.15.

-- Rick

Old 03-27-2008, 11:27 AM

I understand it is the REVERSE.

3.15 was (is) the original chip.
3.15* was a chip from a new supplier that had conflicts in the FEH.

Originally Posted by DesertDog
Hopefully I'll be able to stop by this afternoon. I think there is little doubt that the [new] microprocessor is the issue. I don't think going back to the old processor is a viable option because it was discontinued by Microchip and I don't know if LL has any SG's left with the old processor. I do agree that we need to give Ron some time to figure this out before he is inundated with requests for version 3.15 non-asterisk....
P.S. SOC works on older SG's with 3.14 also. ( So I think, but can't prove, * = new chip )

-John

Last edited by gpsman1; 03-27-2008 at 11:48 AM. Reason: added quote from older thread
Old 03-27-2008, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by rmcmast
If I remember correctly, 3.15* was on SGII's with the older processor that were sent in to Linear-Logic to get the XGauge upgrade. I purchased my second one a month or so ago which came from them, and it was 3.15.

-- Rick
I agree. My understanding from talking to Ron is that * indicates the older processor. Both processors should have performed identically, but they did not. Supposedly Linear Logic is working on a firmware fix to allow the 3.15* SGII to fully support the FEH.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:02 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by econoline
I agree. My understanding from talking to Ron is that * indicates the older processor. Both processors should have performed identically, but they did not. Supposedly Linear Logic is working on a firmware fix to allow the 3.15* SGII to fully support the FEH.
If the firmware fix becomes available I may send my old one in for the upgrade.

Good luck with your new SGII. In addition to SoC, I really like having the trip gauges displayed along with instant gauges. Having trip ave mpg and instant mpg at the same time helps me a lot.

-- Rick

Old 03-27-2008, 09:29 PM
Talking Re: Sale on Scangauge II

Old or new, who cares?
3.15 seems to work best in the FEH!
I just ordered my 3rd. Hope a new one does not come out soon!

SGI in my Ford
SGII 3.15 in my Ford
SGII for the Honda just came in the mail from Amazon and it was 3.15 !

Last edited by gpsman1; 03-28-2008 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Amazon shipping 3.15 on March 27th
Old 03-29-2008, 06:11 AM

Does the FEH not have SoC, and iFE meters?

Quick Reply: Sale on Scangauge II

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands