Scangauge mirror mount!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 08:57 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Scangauge mirror mount!

Originally Posted by jmorton10
I have mine velcroed to the flat area right in front of the miles to empty & shift indicator displays. I really don't need that info & it's still visible if I need it anyway.

That puts the SG right there in the dash cluster & I use it constantly.

~John
I tried several locations before I committed it to velcro, and I ended up exactly as John describes. It sits pretty much dead center on the flat part of the steering column. It does block the info display but I can easily look over it when necessary. Most importantly, the SG is right in my line of sight and I use it constantly.

Old 03-03-2007, 07:27 AM

I finally got around to taking a picture of my Scangauge 2 mounting location. I went ahead and put it on my tank and you can see my MTE (592 miles) with my trip odometer at 39 miles and my Scangauge at 45.7 tank MPG. It was real windy yesterday so it hurt my mileage, as you can see! Don't want to brag, just want to let people know what the FWD FEH can get using hypermiler techniques.

GaryG

Last edited by GaryG; 03-03-2007 at 07:39 AM. Reason: wrong picture
Old 03-04-2007, 11:26 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

I'm not sure yet if I would place mine there myself ( personal preferance ) but I really like your ingenuity in figuring out the screw holes were just right, and fabricating the bracket(s). Nice job. Two thumbs up and a gold star.
- John

Old 03-05-2007, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by gpsman1
I'm not sure yet if I would place mine there myself ( personal preferance ) but I really like your ingenuity in figuring out the screw holes were just right, and fabricating the bracket(s). Nice job. Two thumbs up and a gold star.
- John
Thanks John, it was more a matter of luck that those screws were in the right spot and the SG2 matched that space. The area is curved, so the bracket is a little lower on one side. I drilled the screw holes on the bracket as far back on the bracket as possible so the Tach and Speedo gauge would not be blocked. Also, I used black gloss paint, but I would recomment a flat black paint to match better to those making their own brackets.

GaryG