SG-no SOC

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 10:23 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: SG-no SOC

Originally Posted by Kephra
My SGII v3.15 reads SOC ok on my 08 FEH. Other things don't work, but SOC does. Or did you mean it doesn't work with the 09 specifically?
I think the OP is referring to v3.15* not working for SoC. Version 3.15 (without the *) does read SoC. The "*" denotes an older processor in the SGII.

Last edited by econoline; 01-03-2009 at 01:00 AM. Reason: typo
Old 01-03-2009, 03:32 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by econoline
I think the OP is referring to v3.15* not working for SoC. Version 3.15 (without the *) does read SoC. The "*" denotes an older processor in the SGII.
I'll have to reconnect mine to see if it has a * or not. I took mine out of the car because too much of it doesn't work correctly, which makes me doubt what does. For instance, I made a 300 mile round trip last week, and the SGII trip guage said I averaged 98 miles per gallon (I wish!) while the mpg displayed in the message center said 27 for the round trip. It also said that on a straight level cruise at 70mph, my engine was only producing 6 hp. My fuel burn was also off substantially. CHT and SOC looked right though. Go figure.

Old 01-03-2009, 05:35 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I'll have to reconnect mine to see if it has a * or not. I took mine out of the car because too much of it doesn't work correctly, which makes me doubt what does. For instance, I made a 300 mile round trip last week, and the SGII trip guage said I averaged 98 miles per gallon (I wish!) while the mpg displayed in the message center said 27 for the round trip. It also said that on a straight level cruise at 70mph, my engine was only producing 6 hp. My fuel burn was also off substantially. CHT and SOC looked right though. Go figure.
Sounds like setup issues. In my experience, if the SGII is able to read a function at all, then the data is correct and accurate. You might want to confirm that your engine size, hybrid setting, fuel tank size, etc are still correctly programmed in the SG.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:15 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

You also need to check the fuel cut parameter. Default is 24 but for the FEH it needs to be set to 13 or 14. Maybe even 0 to disable it altogether since true fuel cut in first gen FEHs is a fairly uncommon occurrence.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:02 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Red face Re: SG-no SOC

My SGII v3.15 reads SOC ok on my 08 FEH. Other things don't work, but SOC does. Or did you mean it doesn't work with the 09 specifically?
Yes - the issue is v3.15 verses the v3.15*