Squeaky rear end--'08

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 03:34 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Squeaky rear end--'08

Ok so I took mine in 2 weeks ago. They had it a couple of days and said they were off and on the phone w/ Ford about it. On the 3rd day, they get to the dealership and there is a package of parts w/ my name and VIN on it. It's a lot of rear brake parts.

Here is what it says on the paperwork:
Replace both rear tracking arm assemblys per Ford Motor Company. This includes knuckle assemblys. Basic part #5A969

Ok so far, I have not heard it again. I haven't heard the high-pitch rotation squeak and I haven't heard that awful howl (and no way in hell is that thing normal) after it gets a little wet.

Old 10-02-2007, 07:07 AM
Enthusiast

Did they say anything about it being a TSB or a recall? When you took it in were you able to recreate the squeaky noise for them? The one time I took it in I couldn't get it to make the noise so they didn't do anything to it. I have found out that when the squeaking starts, if you stop and push in on the parking brake pedal and then release it, that the squeaking goes away temporarily.

Old 10-08-2007, 06:30 PM
Enthusiast

Yeah I think the whole thing has to do with the dang parking brake.

I do not think this was a TSB or a recall yet. What I did do, however, was print out the pages of this thread, and show that to them. I wanted them to see others were having the same issues.

Also, this was the 2nd trip in for the squeaks. I told them if it has to go 3 times without a fix, then that is a reason (and # of trips) to start up the Lemon Law process.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:09 PM
Enthusiast

Were you able to find anything else out on your end? Still nothing with me. I had one squeak this weekend, but it was during braking...and given the dust bowl that is the southeast, this one, isolated incident isn't bugging me.

Old 10-14-2007, 11:12 PM
Active Enthusiast

I just noticed the "breaking" screech, screech, screech in my 2008, but mostly when turning left though a parking garage this past Saturday. After having parked for an hour or so the noise went away and has not returned since. First major rain since getting the vehicle occurred the day before. I will be interested to hear the details of any TSBs or possible defects. I do not hear any "mattress squeaks" in the rear. No other issues with the vehicle, it's been great...

Old 11-29-2007, 08:56 PM
Enthusiast

The squeak has not come back for me (knock on wood)

Old 03-21-2008, 05:05 PM
Enthusiast

Well, to those 08 owners having the problem:

After 6 months, the squeak came back..and it's a bit louder this time. I had company in the car and they were like "what the hell is that??" It happens when slowing down or starting up from stop, or mainly during right turns (that's the worst). It is largely occuring after driving for a bit.

I am taking it to the shop on Monday. This is the 3rd time. As I said in a new thread, I am going to talk to the customer service rep, because Georgia Lemon Law says 3 times without repair (in less than 24000 miles or 2 years) means I can start the Lemon Law process. I hate that it may come to that, but Ford should not make cars that have braking system issues (or are not shaped correctly) when brand new.

Old 03-21-2008, 09:04 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by aGDevil2k
Well, to those 08 owners having the problem:

After 6 months, the squeak came back..and it's a bit louder this time. I had company in the car and they were like "what the hell is that??" It happens when slowing down or starting up from stop, or mainly during right turns (that's the worst). It is largely occuring after driving for a bit.

I am taking it to the shop on Monday. This is the 3rd time. As I said in a new thread, I am going to talk to the customer service rep, because Georgia Lemon Law says 3 times without repair (in less than 24000 miles or 2 years) means I can start the Lemon Law process. I hate that it may come to that, but Ford should not make cars that have braking system issues (or are not shaped correctly) when brand new.
Very sorry to hear about that, good luck getting them to repair the problem correctly. Sorry they are making you go through so much hell. I was also having the problem, took it in and they told me the issue was a metallic chewing gum wrapper lodged in one of the brake calipers, something like that. Since then (about 4 months ago) I have only heard the squeal once, almost exactly like you describe when turning right in a parking garage. It only lasted for a moment though. I am keeping my fingers crossed I don't end up in your situation in a few months. I am about to hit 10,000 miles.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:20 PM
Enthusiast

Wow. But hitting 10,000 miles shouldn't worry you. I am at 11,000 and you should be well covered.

Old 03-24-2008, 11:56 AM
Active Enthusiast

My 08 does it too. When in electric mode making a sharp left turn I can usually make it go "squeak, squeak, squeak,...". The noise level varies. From quiet squeaking to mid level (but quite audible) squeaking. The mattress sound is quite accurate (although it can be louder than a mattress).

I have been meaning to take the car in. I hope someone can find the TSB for this.

Cris

Quick Reply: Squeaky rear end--'08

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands