very poor mileage

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 11:03 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert
Default Re: very poor mileage

What's REALLY funny is you are the second person to post the Flintstone theory.

I know the car is capable, 'cause I can match Gary for short periods, just not in daily use. Having roads with low speed limits and light traffic does wonders.
-John

Originally Posted by TeeSter
It doesn't bother me, I'm just enjoying the better mileage over what I would be getting... But I'll still pick your brain...

Secretly I think you've "Flintstoned" your vehicle. You used a plasma torch to cut holes through the floor boards and you just pad around on your bare feet... Yabba dabba dooooooo!

Old 11-08-2006, 05:14 PM
Default Re: very poor mileage

Originally Posted by occ
It does Gary, it does...but that's why we appreciate your responses and your letting us pick your brain
Thanks OCC and Tim

It's nice to be appreciated, but many of my techniques come from a combination of ideas from the original group who got the first '05 and early '06 FEH's. It's sad that many have moved on, but cold winters and hot summers are not something to give them mileage that can be bragged about. Our recent lost was Ray Martin (NITRAMJR) who helped develope the "Low Gear Advantage". Ray and others have gave so much to the cause of great MPG and our environment, without even knowing it sometimes. Wayne Gerdes (xcel) has brought me to numbers most could only dream about in any vehicle. There is no magic, blocking traffic, or dangerous techniques.

GaryG