What did you guys pay for your 2009 FEH?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 07:37 PM
Default Re: What did you guys pay for your 2009 FEH?

Originally Posted by 08FEH
and yes Gary, it IS the best Escape hybrid yet...

I have to wonder if that $500.00 was just your broker though..I'm not sure Jerry Mullinax sells anything above sticker. That is not the way he does business. He even honored the sticker price that was already on the vehicle as opposed to using the 1k increase in price.

Sean
I wish I had bought though Mullinax, I got screwed though Dan Marino's Maroone Ford Of Miami. No longer a customer of that bunch. My Broker has screwed himself out of any recommendations and my business in the future. What a fool!

GaryG

Old 09-15-2008, 08:06 PM
Enthusiast

Fully loaded '09 FEHL AWD (Nav + Sidesteps) = MSRP $35,820

That's what I just paid last week. Of course, tax and options brought it closer to $40k. Ouch. Before I got the vehicle, my dad thought there was no way an Escape should be worth that much. After riding around in it, though, he thinks it was worth the money.

The original dealer I ordered from two months ago was going to sell the same vehicle to me for $34750, but I would have had to wait probably until Jan or Feb to actually get the vehicle. I think the extra ~$1000 was worth it, especially since my old '01 Highlander was starting to have expensive problems.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:31 PM
Enthusiast

Do you guys think the price of the FEH Hybrid will come down some in a few months?

They are asking 34,000 for the one I want but I really only want to spend around $32,000 hopefully 31,000 so I can get payment to around $500 a month.

thanks
super

Old 09-16-2008, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by superserial
Do you guys think the price of the FEH Hybrid will come down some in a few months?

They are asking 34,000 for the one I want but I really only want to spend around $32,000 hopefully 31,000 so I can get payment to around $500 a month.

thanks
super
If this is an AWD FEHL, 34,000 is a good deal. If that price includes the Nav Sys, that's an even better deal. I look for gas prices to come down between now and the election, but no one I know thinks the price of gas will stay lower for long. It's all a matter of supply and demand and I haven't heard Ford is going to exceed the FEH/MMH limit of 25,000 units yet either. I get "Google Alerts" on the '09 FEH and see more and more fleet sales to Cities and other Agencies oderring them. As long as the Tax incentive of $3,000 for the FWD and I think it's ~$2,200 for the AWD, dealers should get close to sticker price. Also, dealers who can't get units from Ford are trying to buy stock off dealers who can.

Good Luck
GaryG

Old 09-16-2008, 06:10 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

The dealer I had originally ordered my 09feh from told me (on the phone) that Ford has warned dealers that soon they will only be filling FLEET orders for future 09feh's.

I am sure dealers will be finding a way to work around this restriction however....

By the way, the 09feh I had originally ordered on 04/28, still has not been built.

Good thing GARY found one for me! (in a round about way).....

Old 09-16-2008, 07:48 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GaryG
If this is an AWD FEHL, 34,000 is a good deal. If that price includes the Nav Sys, that's an even better deal. I look for gas prices to come down between now and the election, but no one I know thinks the price of gas will stay lower for long. It's all a matter of supply and demand and I haven't heard Ford is going to exceed the FEH/MMH limit of 25,000 units yet either. I get "Google Alerts" on the '09 FEH and see more and more fleet sales to Cities and other Agencies oderring them. As long as the Tax incentive of $3,000 for the FWD and I think it's ~$2,200 for the AWD, dealers should get close to sticker price. Also, dealers who can't get units from Ford are trying to buy stock off dealers who can.

Good Luck
GaryG
But you talk about the tax credit but my salesmen didn't even know about the incentive when I bought in May of this year.

Old 09-16-2008, 01:40 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by superserial

thanks
super
No, Ford is only building 25,000 FEH this model year.

Old 09-16-2008, 01:58 PM
Lt. Green 06 FEH

whats is so much better about the 09"s?
better mileage?
better batteries?

Old 09-16-2008, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by grnhybrid
whats is so much better about the 09"s?
better mileage?
better batteries?
Better mileage is a big YES IMO. Same HV 330V battery, but different converters to boost voltage and reduce conversion loses from AC to HV DC. The EV mode now allows you to set the cruise control at 40mph even in a headwind. I compare it to a CC setting of 30mph in my '05 FEH after a 15,000 mile break-in period.

The '09 FEH/MMH has so many changes over the '08 model to improve mileage, I'm not going to post them here. Most of you know I've been a new hypermiler since day one in my '05 FEH, so I will just compare me and my '05 FWD FEH to my new '09 FWD FEHL.

Due to the heat, wind and general worst conditions I have now, the '09 FEHL is performing better than my best conditions in cool, calm winds and the best gas ever without ethanol. I can only get E-10 now and my '09 FEH is spiting bullets back at Big Oil and the rip off with the best MPG I've gotten ever by far. Thanks Ford Engineers, I'll do you proud at the next MPG Challenge!!!

The '09 FEH/MMH is the King Of The Road IMO!

GaryG

Old 09-17-2008, 10:42 AM
Lt. Green 06 FEH

thanks for the info gary.
Do you have any numbers on the 09?
getting around 35 on my 06.

Quick Reply: What did you guys pay for your 2009 FEH?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands