What the..... (frustraded no EV today!)

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 10:49 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What the..... (frustraded no EV today!)

Originally Posted by gpsman1
This explains YOUR coding was "wrong".

You mean the coding that I have been using correctly for the last 5 months? The correct coding for CHT has been on this site for at least 4 months, in the SHARE area.

Mine was different, by no fault of mine.
I was following the directions perfectly,
Thank you very much.

I agree with this completely. It is regrettable that the errors have stayed on the LL website this long.

GaryG all the data ( or over 90% ) of everything we need to program the PID's is in the Helms Workshop Manual(s).

Really? Scaling, format,offsets all there? TBCM PIDs all there? I missed that somehow.

I was using PID's with only my ScanGaugeI way before I had the SGII.

Only because I held your hand through the process through numerous PM's you sent and I answered. I always helped you and answered all you PM's. Several times you took that information, posted it on this site and I never said a word. Until now, I guess.

I just could not program them to show as live gauges. Ron ( perhaps at Carl's request ) changed the software to include xGauge.

I have said repeatedly that I had nothing to do with the add-a-gauges. I seem to recall that Ron said RVers wanting transmission temp was the major motivation behind it.

xGauge was the greatest benefit to us all, thanks to Ron at Linear Logic.
He made an already useful tool, more useful.

Agree completely. It is serendipitous that I happen to live 1/2 mile from LL, have an FEH, have a contact at Ford, and electrical engineering degrees.

All of this nastiness could have ben avoided. When I explained early on that your readings could only happen with incorrect coding, you should have said "Well OK, this is my coding, is there something wrong?" But no, you had post after post trying to explain why you were right and I was wrong, including some really condescending and insulting statements. You even said your readings were correct because they matched EXACTLY with the shop manual. We all know that that was total BS because your readings were off by a significant amount, albeit my fault.....

You can post whatever response you want because I won't reply any more about this. I have a fifth grader at home and don't need a cyber version to argue with.

Old 01-16-2008, 11:16 AM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

Carl, from the start I say we were both correct.
Maybe we were both too vague, and not specific enough.
My code was not wrong it was just different than yours.
And since they agree within 2% of each othe on the high side, and move in 2 degree ( or 1.8 degree ) moves, you can say both are correct on the high side, and within nominal margin of error of the reporting device.

We were both correct, both using different "math" on the SG.
Thanks to your continued insistance, I looked into the lower temps, and noted divergence, as in earlier post.

I have never intentionally sited any of your posts as mine.
Have I? Haven't I always talked about information in general terms and publically available on this site and others such as Linear Logic?

Yes, you did point out how to do PID's on the original SGII without Xgauge. And I wondered if it would work on the older SGI, and PM'd you and you said to try it and I did and it worked. Have I said something other than that on this list? I don't think so. I said I was reading codes with one of a kind software ( not made by me ) with a Laptop computer.
And I have also said by pure coincidence, you and I were working on PID lists independant of each other, before we ever "met" and started chatting. We discussed this person to person at length last summer.
Don't you recall the times I was telling you about how Hybrid's Plus and I were reading SOC, MxC and MxD over the OBDII and you said you were doing it in a different way? Remember my telling you about all the LOS modes I discovered, and 'potential' codes, but I had no way to test?

Remember me talking about the battery Rmodes? But I had no way to test them?

I'm not complaing about anything really, other than the "Roswell" post which was a cheap pot shot... and undeserved. I was trying my best to describe to you my car and ScanGauge, and develop an EV "enhancement" for everyone, yourself included, that could be permanently installed, cause no damage to the car, not void anyones warranty, and be invisible to a dealer as to not evoke suspicion of tampering like what Gary went through with his car. That pot shot was offensive.

I thank you for your time... just don't be so quick to judge others, when it is very likely there is an explanation that never occured to you. Cheers.
Have a on me if we ever cross paths.

P.S.
When I put "wrong" into quotes... just like "neutral" I mean it is not to be taken literally.

Last edited by gpsman1; 01-16-2008 at 11:26 AM. Reason: added P.S.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:06 PM
Active Enthusiast

Now with all the drama and name calling out of the way can we get back to the original topic?

I think most here can see a pattern developing in the way GPSMAN1 posts and I for one choose to let him" run on" with me ignoring his issue of putting everyone down so he can feel like the "Big Man" of this forum.

I have found that there are one or two like him on every forum and they ALWAYS nit pick a comment to death.

Old 01-16-2008, 05:55 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AllenF
Now with all the drama and name calling out of the way can we get back to the original topic?
I agree with Alan.

Carl, John, and Gary G. are all very knowledgeable, and you all contribute greatly to the overall knowledge base for the rest of us. I have a lot of respect for all your corporate hybrid knowledge, especially in the FEH arena.

I was US Army, 1966-68, and I don't remember this much fighting? Help us all in our knowledge quest, and confine your arguments to private emails. PLEASE

Old 01-16-2008, 06:38 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

I am sorry to everyone outside "the three" that things took this curve, but I have not done any name calling to anyone. I have wanted to though! Seems this is GaryG's hobby, and I think he should be banned from posting for a while, but since I'm the only one he calls bad names to and lies about, I guess that is just between me and him. Carl said I could not get CHT in odd numbered degrees, and I said yes I was getting odd numbers. Turns out you just couldn't get odd numbers with his code. If you look at other posts in other threads, other people do get odd numbers also, and have been trusting them. The odd numbers match the ones Carl was using to within 3% on the high end ( 6 degrees out of 220 for example ) so there was no obvious reason to doubt them. I hope you all consider the extensive time and effort I dedicate to this Hybrid technology a service. I know I get my hands dirty under the hood more than most, and I know I look at things in much greater detail than most. I hope you realize that everyone was NOT using the same code, and because of this thread, maybe we can all "standardize" now.

On a side note, you'll get no moderator to say they had to "step in" and moderate anything in this thread, because it didn't happen and no one deleted any of my posts. I do often post in a hurry without proof reading, and I use a laptop with tiny keys and make some big typos. I need to slow down. When I go back hours, days, or weeks later and read what I typed I fix the errors because I don't want my poor typing skills to make me look poorly educated. I carried a 4.0 in college for 2 semesters, and a 3.71 average overall. ONCE in a great while, GaryG pushes the right buttons... and I start something that brings me down to his level. That started today, and I wish I didn't let that happen. I typed a short, somewhat clever and well worded reply to GaryG, posted it, and then 5 minutes later realized it had nothing to do with hybrid cars, the FEH, or this thread, and really did belong in personal email, so I removed it and got back to the topic of CHT. That must be what Gary is referring to. No Mods were involved in the slightest. Ask any of them.

I'm done. Please tell me in PM if you think I was offensive with my replies to anyone other than GaryG. I think if you read everything, you will agree I was the party on the defense, not offense. Thanks for reading.
-John