Who has had the most non-routine repairs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 01:38 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Who has had the most non-routine repairs?

Originally Posted by EagleFan89
The repair was covered by warranty. Can they really charge me $75?
No - I'd tell them to **** off and give me my car back (perhaps with a bit more tact...)

Old 08-05-2009, 10:35 AM
Un-Enthusiast

They claim the $75 was because they received some code about a faulty throttle pedal sensor(?). The reset it and it did not come back, then it took them 24 more hours to diagnoise the batters fans issue. So I paid for their initial misdiagnosis I guess? I told them it was there for a battery over-heating issue. What do i care if a "code" shows up during their scan. Whatever, I will not be back to Mike Bass Ford.

Old 08-06-2009, 06:52 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EagleFan89
They claim the $75 was because they received some code about a faulty throttle pedal sensor(?). The reset it and it did not come back, then it took them 24 more hours to diagnoise the batters fans issue. So I paid for their initial misdiagnosis I guess? I told them it was there for a battery over-heating issue. What do i care if a "code" shows up during their scan. Whatever, I will not be back to Mike Bass Ford.
Did you tell the dealership to fix anything other than the battery over-heating issue (which was covered under the warranty)? If you didn't I wouldn't be paying the $75 to 'reset' that code... it's that simple.

It reminds me of the time I took my Honda Civic into the shop for work. I had an extended warranty and the rear driver blinker was acting up. I asked them to look at it and give me a call. The next call I got said it was fixed - great news, right? So I go into the sealership and pick up the car. Lady tries to charge me !$150 to fix the light. I agrue it is under the extended warranty, but she says electronics aren't under that. No biggie. I tell her I did not autherize her to do anything other than look at the car and diagnoise what was wrong. She would put back in the faulty part and I'll take my car back. Needless to say she was upset and said it would be more work for her to tech to put it back in. I told her that wasn't my issue and that they souldn't do unauthurized work on my car. After that she "comped" the repair and I never went back...

Old 08-06-2009, 08:35 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by trekwars2000
It reminds me of the time I took my Honda Civic into the shop for work. I had an extended warranty and the rear driver blinker was acting up. I asked them to look at it and give me a call. The next call I got said it was fixed - great news, right? So I go into the sealership and pick up the car. Lady tries to charge me !$150 to fix the light. I agrue it is under the extended warranty, but she says electronics aren't under that. No biggie. I tell her I did not autherize her to do anything other than look at the car and diagnoise what was wrong. She would put back in the faulty part and I'll take my car back. Needless to say she was upset and said it would be more work for her to tech to put it back in. I told her that wasn't my issue and that they souldn't do unauthurized work on my car. After that she "comped" the repair and I never went back...
Reminds me of the time I took my Chevy Blazer to the dealership to diagnose why the automatic transmission was slipping in 4th gear. I approved the charge of $50 to diagnose the problem. The next day I was presented with the $50 charge and a written diagnosis of "transmission slipping". I considered that a complete ripoff attempt, refused to pay it, and drove away.