Wiper Blades - what are you using?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 06:38 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Wiper Blades - what are you using?

I need to replace my wiper blades as the stock ones aren't up to the task of snow, sleet and ice. What are my snow country brethren using?

Old 12-24-2007, 04:16 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Wiper Blades - what are you using?

Originally Posted by Jerry&Natalie
I need to replace my wiper blades as the stock ones aren't up to the task of snow, sleet and ice. What are my snow country brethren using?
I've been using the Trico Neoforms. Other brands like Bosch have a similar blade. They are expensive but the lack of a framework makes the build up of ice less of a problem. They seem to work pretty well for me in MI. I've used normal "Winter" blades but I find most of them have so high a profile that at freeway speeds they lift off the windshield.

As a benefit, Trico also is the manufacturer of that wierd sized blade in the back (Exact-Fit 10-1). Around here they sell them at Meijer

http://www.tricoproducts.com/brochur...chtricoPopular

Old 12-25-2007, 12:27 PM
SPL
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I have had very good results with the frameless wiper blades sold by Wal*Mart. I forget the brand name, but in Canadian Wal*Marts they sell for ~C$15, and are probably less in the USA. [Wal*Mart also sells a more expensive frameless wiper blade, but I'm talking about the cheaper ones.]

Stan

Old 12-25-2007, 07:38 PM
Active Enthusiast

My 2008 FEH came from the dealer with the hingeless type (not sure of official name of them). They work great in the snow and ice they don't freeze up. Go to your Ford dealer and see if you can buy the stock 2008 ones, when I replace mine that what I will get as I like to use Ford parts.