Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   wrench light (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/wrench-light-26879/)

Rex B 06-01-2017 04:54 AM

Re: wrench light

Hybrid powertrain faults will trigger the wrench light but the codes do not show up on a ScanGauge or most standard OBD2 code readers. You need to get an ELM327 (or similar) OBD2 Wifi dongle ($15 on ebay) then download FORscan and install it on a laptop or a PC near the car. Then you can find out what is triggering the wrench light. Until you do that - or take it to the dealer - it's just speculation and hand-wringing.

miguel 06-01-2017 04:34 PM

tHANKS FOR THE INFORMATION I DID ORDER THE TOOL ON AMAZON.. i DIDI DANOWAD THE SOFWAEAR IS IT FREE ????

so, why the other car had the same light on and were diagnosed with a bad ventilation door actuator for the batteries???

Can this light(ranch) be triggered by codes related with that(vent door)????

I am confused ???? so this light may have codes related with other stuff it is just the powertrain????

Rex B 06-02-2017 04:24 AM

Software is free.
Yes, there can be more than 1 code. FORtran will list them all.

miguel 06-02-2017 09:40 AM

ok I will check that Saturday..thanks :)

My car has no light on now, but it was acting up going to reverse twice. but is stop once i restarted the engine. Then one morning the "ranch" light was one after starting the car and when e restarted the car it was gone.
Will I be able to still see any codes after some time?

thos19 07-06-2017 06:07 AM

I have a 2008 FEH with 105k miles.

I had the wrench light come on in April, and I brought it to the dealer thinking it was the ventilation door actuator. Instead I needed the hybrid battery cooling fans replaced for $$$. Now the wrench light is coming on intermittently again. Maybe it's really the door this time? Maybe it's nothing? Ugh...