Ford Motor Company Ford, Mazda and Mercury hybrids

2011 Escape Hybrid AC does not blow cold

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2020, 12:27 PM
Default 2011 Escape Hybrid AC does not blow cold

The AC on my wife's 2011 Escape Hybrid does not blow cold but:

1. I bought an ODBlink MX Bluetooth code reader that sees the medium speed bus as well as the high speed bus and rand it through the AC module check. The unit ran my AC console through a drill that seemed to try out all of its options. I ran the drill twice and she took the car out again and when she came back she noticed fine black granules all over the center console and the inside edges of the front seats. This material did not burn and did not dissolve in water or isopropyl alcohol.

2. I put a set of gauges on the system, turned the car on, and turned the AC on max.
The LOW side fluctuated from 17 to 65 PSI taking 4 to 5 seconds to complete each cycle.
The HIGH side fluctuated from 130 to 135 on the same cycle but maximizing when the LOW was minimizing.
I can hear the compressor running while the LOW side is falling and the HIGH side rising.

3. The AC Condenser in front of the radiator gets hot.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Attached Files
File Type: mov
Escape AC.mov (4.89 MB, 39 views)