Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Fuel Economy & Emissions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/fuel-economy-emissions-22/)
-   -   Sorry, another "Should I buy the Hybrid" thread (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/fuel-economy-emissions-22/sorry-another-should-i-buy-hybrid-thread-17052/)

Volkov 02-15-2008 01:15 PM

Re: Sorry, another "Should I buy the Hybrid" thread

Nope Tahoe/Yukon hybrids have no interest. Towing rating is small relative to other full size SUV's. They don't have the useable cargo area the Yukon XL does so they are not a potential replacement. The Highlander meets our needs for shuttling kids around town. I can sit in the back row - just wouldn't want to do a long road trip, so we will be good for many years as an urban vehicle. The HiHy kicks the Tahoe's butt in fuel consumption and costs much less.

giantquesadilla 02-15-2008 08:36 PM

What you need is a full on EV for such a short commute! If possible, you could wait a few years until more cars like the chevy volt and PHEVS come out.

Volkov 02-17-2008 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by giantquesadilla (Post 161853)
What you need is a full on EV for such a short commute! If possible, you could wait a few years until more cars like the chevy volt and PHEVS come out.

Well unless they've been rumoured to come in a 6 passenger AWD configuration, I don't think I'll wait..:confused:
This is an urban family hauler we are getting, not simply replacing a commuter vehicle.

giantquesadilla 02-20-2008 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Volkov (Post 161981)
Well unless they've been rumoured to come in a 6 passenger AWD configuration, I don't think I'll wait..:confused:
This is an urban family hauler we are getting, not simply replacing a commuter vehicle.

Hopefully they will eventually come in all sizes...