Fuel Economy & Emissions Talk about the mileage database, EPA, hypermiling, gas and driving strategy.

what are gas prices at for you?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 06:55 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default what are gas prices at for you?

Just wondering where everyone is at with gas prices. I have this sick want to see gas prices up over $3 a gallon. we are close at $2.95 for regular and 2.85 for E10. Is that wrong?

Old 08-30-2005, 07:27 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: what are gas prices at for you?

Just filled up in Phoenix last Friday, $2.619 at Sam's Club............cost me almost $35 for 13 gallons !!! (My 2002 Chevy Avalanche, my last vehicle, would have cost $70.71 for a fillup !! )

Old 08-30-2005, 07:46 AM
Have hybrid, will travel.

I paid $2.499 yesterday in Florham Park, NJ.

Old 08-30-2005, 07:53 AM

I saw $1.11 yesterday. That's $4.20 a gallon, $3.51 US

Old 08-30-2005, 08:00 AM
Active Enthusiast

I guess what I am interested in is the final price impact after Hurricane Katrina. Around here we jumped .30 overnight last night.

Old 08-30-2005, 08:19 AM
Happy Hybrid Owner

I was very surprised today to see that prices here in upstate NY are at $2.58/gal. or so; I paid more than that (over $2.60) last week, expected a jump after Katrina. Guess it hasn't happened YET...

But "SUPER" was at $3.01 !!!!

Old 08-30-2005, 08:30 AM
Active Enthusiast

In the DC metro area $2.61-$2.95 per gallon. Most people are still driving well over 70mph in there thirsty, very large vehicles. It is kind of like some of the posts I've read about people complaining about getting under 40mpg, with the AC on and doing over 75mph. Hybrids are good, but they aren't magical. I think when gas hits $3.00 per gallon, most americans will say this was the 7th sign. What really makes me mad is when pumps are closed at stations, and I'm sitting behind a Silverado, that has one person in it, with 22 inch rims, with low profile tires. Not really a work truck.
What makes me mad is, I'm driving a car that uses a 3rd of the gas, and is taking me from point a to b, just like him. He is eating into my next tank is the way I see it.
One thing, have any of you gotten dirty looks at the pump?

Old 08-30-2005, 08:50 AM

I'd LOVE for someone to give me a dirty look at the pump. I'm anxious for any chance to walk over to them and ask them if they have a question about Hybrid technology.

Old 08-30-2005, 09:29 AM

Albuquerque, NM was $2.61 when I filled up on Friday, the 26th. I think the barrell oil price was $67. I'll keep tracking the price.

I also was surprised to not see a *much* bigger jump in price. I suppose it means that most of the price increase was factored in by the speculators already last week, around the time Katrina was a grade 4 hurricane.

As for the OP's question if wishing for higher prices is wrong, all I can say was I had expectations of $3.50, hopes of $4.00, and will be satisfied at a steady $6.00 over the next 3 - 5 years.

The sooner prices go way up, the sooner the moronic population and it's leaders will wake up.

Old 08-30-2005, 09:50 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

$2.69 gal. Regular - fueled up just before Hurricane Katrina. No telling where it will go to when power is restored.

Now most stores have no power, no way to pump. And most places ran out before the storm hit.

Our petrochemical plant is shut down, we rely on getting feedstocks from the rigs in the Gulf of Mexico. Looks like we'll be cut back for some time due to the storm damage to the rigs and processing platforms.

Regards,

Quick Reply: what are gas prices at for you?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands