Fuel Economy & Emissions Talk about the mileage database, EPA, hypermiling, gas and driving strategy.

what are gas prices at for you?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 10:16 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: what are gas prices at for you?

Originally Posted by EricGo
As for the OP's question if wishing for higher prices is wrong, all I can say was I had expectations of $3.50, hopes of $4.00, and will be satisfied at a steady $6.00 over the next 3 - 5 years.

The sooner prices go way up, the sooner the moronic population and it's leaders will wake up.
That is exactly what I was feeling, its not that I want to pay more for gas, but I want others to pay more than me to hopefully realize their stupidity.

Old 08-30-2005, 10:17 AM
Active Enthusiast

WOW...I have never seen a station closed because they are out of gas. That does make you mad at the idiots driving gas guzzlers.

Old 08-30-2005, 10:34 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Albuquerque, NM was $2.61 when I filled up on Friday, the 26th. I think the barrell oil price was $67. I'll keep tracking the price.

I also was surprised to not see a *much* bigger jump in price. I suppose it means that most of the price increase was factored in by the speculators already last week, around the time Katrina was a grade 4 hurricane.

As for the OP's question if wishing for higher prices is wrong, all I can say was I had expectations of $3.50, hopes of $4.00, and will be satisfied at a steady $6.00 over the next 3 - 5 years.

The sooner prices go way up, the sooner the moronic population and it's leaders will wake up.
Talk about moron... Thats akin to me wishing you die a long hard death to cancer. And that tude is what will keep folks in the burbs and h2's. And looking to run over us, tailgate and vote against anything that you want. Makes me want to get my hemi car out and blow a tank full of gas in your face with the choke on with 2ea two stroke bike spewing hydrocarbons like mad for the blue effect. Nothing worse than hardcore greenies and peta pansies.

Old 08-30-2005, 10:44 AM
Enthusiast

$3.00 for regular here in So Cal.

Mike

Old 08-30-2005, 10:59 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by psyshack
Talk about moron... Thats akin to me wishing you die a long hard death to cancer. And that tude is what will keep folks in the burbs and h2's. And looking to run over us, tailgate and vote against anything that you want. Makes me want to get my hemi car out and blow a tank full of gas in your face with the choke on with 2ea two stroke bike spewing hydrocarbons like mad for the blue effect. Nothing worse than hardcore greenies and peta pansies.
Yeah... wanting people to pay more so that they'll wake up and modify their behavior to become more "conservative" is *just like* wishing someone will die painfully.

I always find it ironic that those who drive gas guzzlers at 80mph are actually spending money, using gas, and driving more *liberally*, and those who make the jump to a more economical, less wasteful vehicle, and drive slower, are being more "conservative," yet comments like above rip "conservative" drivers as being "hardcore greenies" and "peta pansies." Don't recall too many peta comments on this site, but guess I"m reading the wrong posts.

Old 08-30-2005, 11:15 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Acutually, psycho has me pegged to a tee, +/- 150% or so. But I'd guess that is pretty good, for him.

Sounds like he is saying that if he has to pay more to fill up his truck/gas guzzler, it will 'kill' him. I would comment, but I think I'll just leave his own post as its own special monument to cluelessness. Not neccesarily unique or rare, lest that give psycho some warped impression of worth. Just classic.

Old 08-30-2005, 12:07 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Your head must be in the sand if you think the cost of a limited supply of energy is going to stay insanely low.

It will hurt the economy unless we learn to change our attitude on energy consumption, it's not dependent on making people feel comfortable about the status quo. I know gas prices will rise, and therefore hoping they rise quickly as a way to help people start thinking about our excessive energy consumption now rather than when there is a real shortage and seriously hurting the economy is quite reasonable, and may save the economy instead of letting it crash in an upcoming energy crisis.

It's like the frogs in the pot of water: heat up quickly and they will jump out, the shock is easily noticed. Change the temperature slowly and they will be cooked alive, and that's where we are with the gas prices rising slowly.

Last edited by Schwa; 08-30-2005 at 01:04 PM.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:14 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Acutually, psycho has me pegged to a tee, +/- 150% or so. But I'd guess that is pretty good, for him.

Sounds like he is saying that if he has to pay more to fill up his truck/gas guzzler, it will 'kill' him. I would comment, but I think I'll just leave his own post as its own special monument to cluelessness. Not neccesarily unique or rare, lest that give psycho some warped impression of worth. Just classic.
$2.75 gal. Okmulgee, Ok.

To wish high prices on folks is as good as a long slow death to some. But I guess everybody should bow to your ways.

I just showed this thread to a co-worker that has been very intrested in a more eco. car or truck. Anybody that wished $6.00 fuel on him just lost a convert in the working. He has tons of money and a native american at that. So in his mind white man has fouled his land more than a gas guzzler 1/2 ton truck. So hes going to replace his 02 truck with a 06 1/2 ton. I feel he will negate every gallon you think your saving.

My wife and I will still work on hypermiling the Accord and look into this savings and look into another fuel sipper. Ive parked the Ranger truck to save money, not the enviroment. Money plain and simple. But to think one will force me into this life style by hoping for ultra high gas is insane.

Old 08-30-2005, 12:29 PM
World's First Hybrid

Prices around metro boston are approaching 3 bucks. I'm just wondering if it makes sense to fill up now and keep the tank topped off in case we have a repeat of the 70's oil crunch. Long lines, odd/even rationing etc.. Seems like Katrina will no doubt cause shortages. A full tank in the HCH will get me through at least 2.5 weeks.

Old 08-30-2005, 01:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by psyshack
$2.75 gal. Okmulgee, Ok.

To wish high prices on folks is as good as a long slow death to some. But I guess everybody should bow to your ways.

I just showed this thread to a co-worker that has been very intrested in a more eco. car or truck. Anybody that wished $6.00 fuel on him just lost a convert in the working. He has tons of money and a native american at that. So in his mind white man has fouled his land more than a gas guzzler 1/2 ton truck. So hes going to replace his 02 truck with a 06 1/2 ton. I feel he will negate every gallon you think your saving.

My wife and I will still work on hypermiling the Accord and look into this savings and look into another fuel sipper. Ive parked the Ranger truck to save money, not the enviroment. Money plain and simple. But to think one will force me into this life style by hoping for ultra high gas is insane.
Haha, this isnt a religion, we are not going door to door trying to convert people from gas guzzlers to hybrids. Driving a hybrid is a choice that people are given. People make stupid choices everyday. The choice to buy a hybrid is not neccesarilly the right one for everyone, but it is a good choice for those who can make it work.

Im not wishing for high gas prices to push people into buying hybrids (although thats definitely a nice side benefit, I am wishing for high gas prices to see our nation take a step towards energy efficiency. When the entire nation feels the crunch everywhere they look, the realization will become more and more widespread that we need to do something in the order of fuel economy.

Some people get it, some (like the 1/2 ton truck drivin' native american, the hypermilin' accord drivin' previous poster, and the guy that tears out of my neigborhood every evening in his escalade on 24"s) simply don't. But it is only a matter of time (with my wishing or not) that energy prices drive us to look at the alternatives.

Quick Reply: what are gas prices at for you?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands