08 Tahoe high oil pressure

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 08:00 PM
Enthusiast
Default 08 Tahoe high oil pressure

I have a 2008 tahoe with 75,000 miles and a new engine in it with about 15,000 miles
engine light came on and oil pressure was high ( about 70) when it went into auto mode normally oil pressure would go to 0 now it stop's at 20. drove it home and just pulling it into driveway and now oil pressure is all the way up to 80.
can anyone give me a heads up seeing its saturday can not take it in until monday
Just had a oil change 3,000 miles ago
Thank you so much

Last edited by yohan55; 01-28-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:02 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default Re: 08 Tahoe high oil pressure

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head would be to take a look at the oil filter, as it was the only thing actually changed out that is mechanically linked.

Old 01-28-2012, 08:18 PM
Enthusiast

thanks for the reply the oil was changed a month ago would that make the pressure spike??? i check it in the morning

Old 01-28-2012, 08:55 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

In Auto Stop you should have exactly zero PSI. The engine in A Stop is not turning and therefore the crankshaft driven pump can not supply oil pressure. Any residual pressure will drop off fast.

If the Check Engine light came on there must be a stored code associated with that. Some of the chain auto parts stores will read for free. Don't clear!!! The dealer will need info.

These new vehicles use serial data between modules. The instrument clusted recieves its data from engine, brake, and other controllers. Very few of the lamps in the instrument pannel are "hard wired". The CEL is and a switch for Jet1 would do the trick.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:06 PM
Enthusiast

Thank you for the reply i got everything until you said "CEL and the JET1" not sure what you are talking about
can you clear that up for me please
thank you

Old 01-29-2012, 08:51 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Sorry to confuse, engineers should not attempt humor. Or is it just me?

Jet1 is the guy with the Fly Navy and pilot avatar in this thread. He has a stubborn Check Engine Light CEL that keeps comming back.

The CEL is one of a few lights or components in the instrument cluster that actually has its own separate wire. I was trying to be funny suggesting that if he can't get his Compressed Natural Gas CNG conversion to stop turning on the light, that maybe a switch was in order.

Your oil pressure gage is operated by an actual controller (small computer) in the instrument cluster. The cluster controller could be recieving bad data, malfunctioning, or the needle part is stuck or broken.

Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited by Hillbilly_Hybrid; 01-29-2012 at 08:53 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-29-2012, 08:58 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks Hillbilly
sorry my mind is all rapped up with this and just worried my truck is my life ( sad to say that) so I have no humor right now
but thanks for the info

Old 01-29-2012, 07:37 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default doh sorry...

I didn't see that you had 3000 on the current change, you can forget the oil filter. I think a code scan should help. a cel is check engine light.....when it comes on a fault code is stored in your on-board computer. it can be read buy a scanner that plugs in to your obd plug under the dash that accesses the computer.
good luck

Old 01-30-2012, 07:50 AM
Enthusiast

so far everyone been very helpful i have one more question please
i took it in to a auto part store to check the codes but they had no clue what the code was so had to come home and look it up but dont know what it means
the code was for
Electronic Brake Control Module communication Bus B Performance
and
Lost Communication With Brake System Control Module on Bus 'B'
or and it was the Engine Oil Pressure Sensor Performance as well
thanks again

Old 01-30-2012, 08:47 PM
Administrator

I would suggest to bring it to the dealer that services hybrids and it should be quick as a breeze. most shops or stores don't even know how a hybrid works.

Quick Reply: 08 Tahoe high oil pressure

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands